The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 03:07 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all
Default So...who is ready.....

For the brown trout spawn this fall? I know I sure am. Im going out tomorrow to scout out some spots where the tribs enter the main river. Cant wait!
Old 09-10-2010, 03:35 PM

jamieof has a spectacular aura aboutjamieof has a spectacular aura aboutjamieof has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: So...who is ready.....

I'm leaving home at 5 AM tomorrow to go to a river where the Sea Run Brown's start to come back to spawn this time of year. With plenty of rain the past day or 2 raising the rivers and cooling them, hopefully they'll be chasing my flies!!!

Jamie
Old 09-12-2010, 12:01 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all

Can you send some of that water my way? The rivers are low low low here.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:11 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

We get a bonus Kokanee run along with the browns here, and big cuttys and bows follow them both to feast on eggs. Hubba, hubba.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:52 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

If the Brown Trout are on redds, I'm going to leave them alone to insure that there will be another generation of browns to come. I won't mind hooking up with one that is cruising around.

MP
Old 09-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
If the Brown Trout are on redds, I'm going to leave them alone to insure that there will be another generation of browns to come. I won't mind hooking up with one that is cruising around.

MP
MP. makes an excellent point here!

I know it is hard to walk away from a bed full of fish but fishing the beds can leave you with some bad memories. I posted some advice for another member on this thread about fall brown fishing. Saturday Morning - Colinet River If you haven't read the thread and looked at Jamie's pictures you might as well go take a look.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-12-2010, 08:41 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Ard makes a great point. The irony of it is if people would just drift an egg pattern in the head of the run below the riffles that the redds are in they would probably score a big fat Cutty or Bow feasting on brown eggs.