The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 10:19 PM

gbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nice
Default Trout fish Chile/Argentina inexpensively?

Boy, the lodges in South America sure charge a lot to trout fish. Is there any way someone who doesn't speak Spanish can go to Chile or Argentina and fish at a more reasonable cost? There must be places to stay and cars to rent and rivers to explore if one knew how to find them and could get around without speaking too much Spanish. Anyone have any experience in "self-guided" trips? Know anyone who does? Or know of less expensive options, ie. local guides that don't charge $500+ a day? Trout books about these areas?

=?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:26 AM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Trout fish Chile/Argentina inexpensively?

When you find out, let me know! I have been drooling over the Patagonia region for quite some time.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:34 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Next Feb 6 of us are going to the Yelcho Lodge in Chile
Hotel YELCHO| Hotel Chile|YELCHO|Flyfishing hotel |pesca patagonia| Chile south|patagonia hotels|hotel patagonia|lodge sur chile|qeulat chile|lodging patagonia|argentina fly fishing|lodge chile|patagonia argentina|carretera austral|hotel carretera au
It's not the cheapest trip I've been on by far. But we have 3 meals / day & a guide every day for 13 days. With Airfare it's expensive but for me this is a once in a lifetime trip. I just retired & this is my retirement present to myself.
To go that far & not know the language or area would be a waste of a lot of good fishing time while I'm looking for places to fish & what to use etc. Thats why we got a guide every day.
PM me for any more info.....

Neil
Old 09-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Neil: The fishing rates look to be cheaper than many of the fly out lodges in Alaska. I think this is one of the most expensive I have seen: Alaska Fishing Guides, Fly Fishing Trips - Alaska Fly Fishing Guide, Fish Bristol Bay area for Salmon, Trout, Arctic Char

Larry