The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 01:37 PM

kfisher99 is on a distinguished road
Default wanting to catch some salmon in california

I'm wondering if anyone knows the best place in northern california to catch salmon, I'm guessing the klamath river is the best, but is there a closer place to me? I live in davis near sacramento, I realize the lower american has some but its a rarity and not really worth my time.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:10 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wanting to catch some salmon in california

I believe for the remainder of the year, the Klamath and a section of the Sacramento River will be your choices for salmon fishing.

Check with the DFG website for regulations on where and when you can fish.

MP
Old 09-25-2010, 01:22 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

From limited knowledge only, toss in the Smith River or (for reel) just over into Oar-E-Gone the Chetco in/out of Brookings, Oregon. Longer drive will take you to the Elk and Sixes rivers up the Oregon Coast.

fae
Old 09-28-2010, 12:03 AM

kfisher99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
From limited knowledge only, toss in the Smith River or (for reel) just over into Oar-E-Gone the Chetco in/out of Brookings, Oregon. Longer drive will take you to the Elk and Sixes rivers up the Oregon Coast.

fae
thanks for the advice, I'll do my best to check those spots out