The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default out and about in Utah

Fall At Strawberry.

Sunday Morning September 26th, as we got close there was the Mist cloud hanging over the harbor

Click the image to open in full size.

Actually, we went to Soldier Creek.
Air was around 38 and water was glass smooth with no breeze.
Baxter jumped on the boat and we were off

It was a little slow at first, but when the bight was on, it was great!

Flies that I was using was a Crawfish with a leech dropper. Most were taken on the Crawfish

I did pump the belly of one and here is what was there along with my imitation

We only stayed for a couple of hours, but we were with good friends, the sun was warm and the fish wanted to play.

But the best part came at the last fish...or fishs of the day. I had a very large fish on the leech (25") with another following very close. I then realized the Crawfish was in the other fish mouth...

That was an interesting fight...LOL Thanks to a friend Zach, he landed the big one as my net was not quite big enough.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:03 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: out and about in Utah

Those are some great looking photos and beautiful fish! My favorites are the ones with the Weiner Dog! Cool pooch, how old is Baxter?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks...He is three and a half.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:09 PM

twfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the rough

Nice report Joni... I like the chironomid pics... something I will tackle getting my mind round at some point...
Old 09-27-2010, 10:22 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Great report. A huge double. Nice fish pics.
That Baxter is a guttsy guy. My dogs still don't want to look at the fish.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joni: Great trip report, photos and awesome fish! Congrats!

Larry
Old 09-28-2010, 12:27 AM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fish Joni! Is that last one a Bonneville? I'm not sure what sub-specie are in that rez. jb.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:51 AM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

I love the dog and stellar fish. I have a dachshund also, Stretch, but he is going on 12.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:42 AM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light

Nice fish, but Baxter is the key! We have a couple of Dapple Doxie's and one big Viszla (pointer). Guess which ones rule the roost......
Old 09-28-2010, 09:23 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Joni, you are still the Stillwater Queen. Great report and pics. Aah, the infamous Dachshund, the German Badger hunter hound. What a cool way to transport your friend! Thanks for sharing.

Kelly.

P.S.: The big 'H' this Saturday