The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 02:39 AM

williamsna is on a distinguished road
Default hello everyone

Hello,
I am williams.I am from America.I am new to this forum.I just visited your site.It is amazing.I am always interested in flyfishing especially coldwater Fly Fishing.I haven't tried yet.But I am looking forward to it in the next month.
=========================
williams
Maine Drug Addiction
Old 08-23-2008, 05:49 AM
jose will become famous soon enoughjose will become famous soon enough
Default Re: hello everyone

Welcome to the forum, Williams. Let us know how we can help and we will try. Fly fishing is a little intimidating at first, but once you get into it, it's awesome fun. I recommend you get someone to show you how to cast before you go out on the water the first time. It helped me a a lot. There are also some good YouTube videos on casting, but there's nothing like having someone point it all out to you as you do it. you may want to visit a fly shop and ask if they could help you cast a bit. Keep that line straight and tight and have a great time.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi williams,

Welcome to the forum. I am glad that you like our site. We have many good and helpful members. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Frank
Old 10-21-2008, 09:21 AM
bigwilf is on a distinguished road

Hi I,m new to this forum as well altho I,ve been fly fishing a while. I would second the opinion that someone to show you the mecanics off casting is very useful however, if you are teaching youself and your fishing a river fishing downstream wets or nymphs makes things a little easier.
I know some fishers will be throwing there hands up in horror right now but at least for the first few trips you will have the flow of the river working for you straitening you leaders and taking some of the sting out off miscasts.
It will allow you to spend more time fishing and less time getting tangles out.
You also learn alot about the river bottom.