The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:59 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Fall is here!

figured I'd take a few pix of the fall scenery at the great lakes tribs!! anyone have some of there own? this only means one thing! steelhead time is upon us!!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:29 AM

Snaggy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fall is here!

Nice pics. It sure is beautiful fishing down there in the Fall. Is that Vermillion? Reminds me of my Rocky River.

Snaggy

<((((~{
Old 10-22-2008, 09:12 AM

randyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to all

Beautiful! Thanks so much,

Randy
Old 10-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

McFly

Nice photos of the fall colors! Great work, and thanks for sharing.
The leaves around Laramie and the surrounding mtns are almost all gone. I went to Denver yesterday and there is still some great color at lower elevations, but we have a cold front with snow forecast so the leaves won't last much longer.

Larry
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 PM

Lambster has a spectacular aura aboutLambster has a spectacular aura about

Very nice shots! I love fall and spring! God shows his Art work in the Spring and Fall........

Lambster
Old 10-22-2008, 08:57 PM

pdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the rough

Here's some color from Pa.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81308 023.jpg (100.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 81308 051.jpg (100.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 81308 048.jpg (98.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 10-23-2008, 07:47 PM

twospots has a spectacular aura abouttwospots has a spectacular aura about

Nice pics McFly! I tied up a bunch of flies to use up there and then my dog had to have surgery and now I can't afford the gas, so maybe spring I might get up there.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:25 PM

morphius will become famous soon enough

I saw it first hand. I live up there and it was absolutley breathtaking. The only problem was tons of people and no fish. But hey, what's to complain about when there is such beauty around. Say, George is the first pic at 18 mile creek?
Old 10-24-2008, 09:58 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

ya I seen the leaves and all the awesome colors and had to take some pix. will go again monday maybe but I don't know how the leaves will be then. we are getting soem rain so hopefully it will bring some more steelies in. no thats not 18 mile creek never been there before. thats the vermilion. I never been to the rocky yet either.
twospots sorry to hear that about your dog.. but on the bright side I like the spring better. more steelies on my river then. hey pdq those are soem ncie pix! and a nice fish too! I will keep you guys posted. I might take my 7wt out next time and see if i can get me a fresh run steelie.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:00 AM

FlyRichardFly will become famous soon enoughFlyRichardFly will become famous soon enough

Wonderful pix! But just like around here, the water is all but dried up!
When the few steelheads arrive, there are way too many people "snagging" in those tiny creeks.
Let's not pretend........ everyone snags the only fish that are caught! Even the flyrodders use a strike indicator to put the fly 2" off the bottom. They cast over and over again where the fish are hiding and when the hook gets near the mouth, they set the hook and pretend the steelie ate the fly!! LOL
Years ago it was a beautiful thing, now it brings tears to my eyes everytime I fish the Erie tribs!
But the loss of chlorophyll makes the trees look spectacular. I personally like the spring better. The start of life is better than the death. The new small green leaves are better looking than the dying fall colors........ IMHO!

"People are crazy, times are strange"
"I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range"
"I used to care, but things have changed"
- Dylan