The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 03:59 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default McSteelie!!! haha

walked about 2 miles of the v with not one deep hole containing steel. I just about gave up. then I went to where I seen that steelie last week and was surprised to see he had some of his friends over for a party. well I took my custom 7 wt and a black bugger and casted to um. looked like they chased it a few time but maybe not. anywho I see this other steelie come out of the deep. I cast and my cast lands 4 feet in front of his face. I let it sink to eye level. strip it, pause strip it pause and here he comes like a freight train!!! he smashed my bugger like there was no tomorrow and I set the hook. the fight was on!!! this steel had mad fight in him. he made my orvis mid arbor scream like a lil girl!!! 5 minuted later I get him to shore. I hurry and took a pic and sent him on his way. he took off almost instantly and went back to his business! then i tried for more but 10 minutes later the sky got super dark and I hear thunder. needless to say i didn't wanna end up being a lightning rod so I beat it out of there. I might go back wed or thurs.... too bad there wasn't more steel but the water is way to low!
Click the image to open in full size.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...9/SNV31158.jpg

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:13 PM

Snaggy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: McSteelie!!! haha

I love a good story with a happy ending!
Nice one!

<((((~{
Old 11-03-2008, 04:23 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

thanks snaggy! believe me. it was fun! can't wait to get back out there and try again! this is my 1st of the season and hopefully not the last!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

McFly

Way to go, nice steelie! They definitely put up a great fight.

Larry
Old 11-03-2008, 05:06 PM

no other fish like it in the great lakes rivers that I have come across yet! once you get one you are hooked for life!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:51 PM

FlyRichardFly will become famous soon enoughFlyRichardFly will become famous soon enough

Way to go, McFly!!

"People are crazy, times are strange"
"I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range"
"I used to care, but things have changed"
- Dylan
Old 11-03-2008, 11:57 PM

thanks Big Rich! I try my best! I wish the pic was better tho. I hate being alone! no great posing pic! I got this one ashore and unhooked and took the pic. I already had taken my camera out while I was fighting it earlier . I set the cam on the ground and kept fighting the fish. then I finaly got it in and set it next to the river all clean unhooked it and turned to grab the cam and power it on and I turn around and this fish is making a getaway already half way in the water! I ran and grabbed his tail and took the pic and held him and washed the leaves off in the deeper water for like a minute more till he left! I need a fish buddy so I can get those great posing pix and keep the fish cleaner! lol

Old 11-07-2008, 11:22 AM

pdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeMcFly View Post
thanks snaggy! believe me. it was fun! can't wait to get back out there and try again! this is my 1st of the season and hopefully not the last!
I doubt that.