The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree848Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 09:37 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

Larry that is just obscene...

Dave
Old 05-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Wow Larry those are some really beautiful fish!
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:18 PM

trout2234 is on a distinguished road

Wow! You guys make the 'Bows my buddy and I catch look small!
Anyways, here are the first Wisconsin Rainbows we caught on the fly.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:10 PM

adams14 is on a distinguished road

Pretty suckers aren't they . What did you hook them on?
Old 05-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Those are very pretty and healthy looking fish. Don't worry about the size I had to pay my dues for 25+ years, before ever catching a trout over 15." Besides that in some places a 12" fish is a trophy trout, because it won't support larger fish. The only reason I've gotten to the place where I am tired of catching fish below 15" is that where I fish I know people for whom its common to catch fish bigger than that.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:07 PM

bow addict has a spectacular aura aboutbow addict has a spectacular aura about

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/BucksandDucks/18inchRainbow.jpgThere's a Henry's Fork bow.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:00 PM

flyfishoutdoors is on a distinguished road

My favorite thing about rainbows is how they jump. They are very talented acrobats. Rainbow Trout | Fly Fishing
Old 06-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishoutdoors View Post
My favorite thing about rainbows is how they jump. They are very talented acrobats. Rainbow Trout | Fly Fishing
I have to agree, but if you ever get a chance to fish for Silver Salmon they are even better jumpers.

Larry

Old 06-11-2011, 04:30 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
I have to agree, but if you ever get a chance to fish for Silver Salmon they are even better jumpers.

Larry
Kamloops strain bows (strainbows?) seem to fight more out of the water than in. milt.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:40 PM

pastor dave is on a distinguished road

I was out a couple of days ago at the local pond and managed to finally get a picture with a fish. It is nothing compared to some of the monsters posted here but it is my biggest rainbow on the fly so far...