The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree1021Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Beautiful colors, Sasha. Is that light coming from a sunrise?

Thanks! The sun had been up for a couple of hours when I took that pic.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Last edited by Sasha; 02-04-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:33 PM

beagle is on a distinguished road

My wife and I were pursuing lake trout when this nice rainbow showed up!Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:56 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

First day fishing for rainbows, in Otter Creek, outside Louisville, KY. The little stockers were hungry, unfortunately no native fish here as the water gets too hot. I achieved my goal of putting a bend in the new rod!
Click the image to open in full size.
Camouflage!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-14-2011, 11:47 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

it was a fun day for sure AJ. glad this trip was better
Old 12-15-2011, 04:53 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

woowsome nice fish there guys
Rainbow cant be that big in my country but sure it is one of best fighters

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 12-15-2011, 12:42 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

A RAINBOW MJ! And a nice one! Are these wild fish? And do they live in the same rivers as your magnificent browns? milt.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:28 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
A RAINBOW MJ! And a nice one! Are these wild fish? And do they live in the same rivers as your magnificent browns? milt.
Thanks Milt
You may call it wild because they escaped from one fishery upstream as little babies and they grown on their own,but rainbows in our rivers doesnt stick too long...as soon as they are big enough for spawning they run downstream ....and never come back(they probably die doing that...)..
And yes,they do live with browns,grayling and huchen...but I think the rainbows dont like huchens very much....
It is forbidden here to put alien species in rivers so we dont put rainbows any more like that we did in times when I was kid....I like rainbows,they are tough and good fighters ..plus they cant spawn and they cant do some real damage to our native species but authorities doesnt know that ....
Old 12-15-2011, 01:39 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

I would think they make good snacks for the huchen! Are you supposed to harvest/kill the rainbows? milt.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
I would think they make good snacks for the huchen! Are you supposed to harvest/kill the rainbows? milt.
Everything is good snack for King of salmonides

That what you said would be logical ..but it isnt written anywhere and you can do what you want.About laws here I must say that most of the laws now are not ours.Our sleazy government literally transcribe laws that already exist in european union .....so now we have laws that have no sense .....we have english law so we cant carry hand guns (and we can for centuries ) and you have no right to self defense ..... and we have law about driving with lights on during the day (that low probably came from some Scandinavian country)......but we dont have fog here
Old 12-15-2011, 09:50 PM

Taken 11-19-11. milt.Click the image to open in full size.