The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree975Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 10:13 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

Haha, nice Milt. I've got a horse-shoe sewn into my chestpack and the bigger half of a broken wishbone on a pendant... And I still smell strongly of skunk.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-14-2012, 06:05 PM

dshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura about

A few of my favorite rainbows.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:17 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

From Friday. milt.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by milt spawn; 03-05-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:25 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Click the image to open in full size.Second fish from Friday. milt.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:04 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

I haven't seen or caught a rainbow since Dec. 23rd! Looking forward to the spring push as the bows start to move around a bit more/
not that I mind all the browns though...
Old 03-07-2012, 07:17 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Had a day out today, uncharacteristically warm weather meant ice-melt chilled the water, which the fish did not seem to like. Managed some browns, however, and more importantly for the sake of this thread, some rainbows:

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-10-2012, 05:53 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunately I haven't caught any Rainbows for a couple of weeks now,a few nice Browns ranging form 4 to 6 1/2 lbs,The Rainbows seem to have gone off/deeper.
Brian.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:19 PM

This little guy tried to do his best impression of a billfish, tailwalking across the surface. I'm really learning to love how little rainbows look, but don't get me wrong, I'd be just as happy with the colors of a 20" bow However, in most our streams, it seems if they're not steelhead, they're in the 6-10" range.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:15 PM

Click the image to open in full size. milt.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 PM

Milt, way to keep them coming, nice fish!