The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree1003Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rainbow Trout Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
You and I should have a contest to see who looks the meanest when holding a fish Snarl
Ard: With that mustache of yours I don't have a chance, but three days of camping will make a person look pretty rough.

Larry

Old 10-12-2013, 01:01 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Ard: With that mustache of yours I don't have a chance, but three days of camping will make a person look pretty rough.

Larry
...Especially three days of camping in those conditions. It looks just a wee bit cold there, Larry.

-VB
Old 10-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Here are a couple taken without my face involved

Local gem;
Click the image to open in full size.

Torpedo type;

And all grown up;

I don't always get blanked

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I know it looks like my fingers are digging in but I can assure you it is just arthritis... :-)

Old 10-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joni: Lifting beasts like that could give anyone arthritis!
Congrats on that beautiful rainbow!

Larry

Old 10-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

What an excellent rainbow Joni, the hands get funny when cold and wet here too. The day I came home in the boat (88 miles through snow & rain) by the time I reached the boat launch my fingers would not work at all. I had a full coverage motorcycle helmet on because I expected to get caught in bad weather in an open boat but my hands were so cold & wet that had there not been another fellow at the launch to unbuckle the helmet for me I'd have had to wear it home.
Joni, mcnerney and kglissmeyer1 like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-15-2013, 04:50 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all

- Tyler

Old 10-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Here are a few fish from yesterday's visit to the Green River, nothing very large but a fun day on the water none the less:

Sorry about the photo quality, looks like the lens got some water on it:
von behr, jmac321 and jeepster II like this.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:01 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Larry.
They are all nice well conditioned Fish at least your are catching them hopefully in the next week or so I'll be catching an odd one or two.
Brian.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:14 AM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

Here are a few from my recent trips. Plus you get to see the face behind the 'alias'

My largest one to date from the small Appalachians mountain streams..

My smallest one to date from the small Appalachian Mountain streams..

Finally, one from my best fishing trip to date. My 7 y.o decided to join me on a tailwater float this past Father's Day. She hooked this one all by herself, but we jointly reeled it in.

bobafett likes this.