The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 07:56 AM

Lambster has a spectacular aura aboutLambster has a spectacular aura about
Default Chattahoochee River ( Brown Trout in spawn mode )

What a wonderful day on the Chattahoochee River, weather was good with sunshine and light winds with the temps just around 47 degree's. We visited the ( Hooch ) very early saturday morning with temps around 36 this morning so we visited NGTO fall fling to meet fellow flyfishers untill the air temps warmed up and had some great food. The day went very well meeting up with several friends I hadn't seen in a couple of years, we visited the area of Bowman's Island which is right below the Dam. The fishing started off very well with 7 fish put in the net, the Browns had started their spawn run in which they were very agressive. Rocks in this area are very slick!!!! We did have scattered hatches of midges with a few raising trout but the flie of the day was a olive wooly bugger which worked grat in this section of the river, most of our trout were caught along the banks where the blow downs were. Tight Lines!

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by mcnerney; 11-11-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Chattahoochee River ( Brown Trout in spawn mode )

Always fond memories of Georgia Lambster,

Hard to believe it's been 19 years since I first visited The Hootch and many of your other fine streams & the brooks of North GA. It's kinda like Elvis said when he released "Ain't it funny how time slips away", always liked Elvis

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Lambster: The Chattahoochee River sure is beautiful. We have been getting snow here this week so looking at your photos sure is nice, great looking Brown Trout!

Larry
Old 11-11-2010, 08:43 PM

fishtacos will become famous soon enoughfishtacos will become famous soon enough

The Hooch made living in atlanta tolerable. Doing a backpacking trip up in Cohutta this wknd. Can't wait.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:14 PM

onlymidges will become famous soon enoughonlymidges will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Chattahoochee River ( Brown Trout in spawn mode )

Hello Lamster,

Hadn't heard from you in a while and thought I say hello. Hope you and your family are doing well after all the problems you had with the fire. Hope fishing has been good for you lately. Its about time to hit the South Holston for the browns spawning. I can't wait to hook in to one of those hawgs...

Hope to hear from you soon...

Jr

"Catch and Release"
Old 11-18-2010, 08:21 PM

Lambster has a spectacular aura aboutLambster has a spectacular aura about

hello onlymidges

Yep we've had a rough year but God has been blessings us through the tough times, we'd love to fish with you on the South Holston! You know I got a Driftboat! We had been planning a trip to the South Holston but gas got stupid and the guys wanted to wait alittle longer to see if the fuel prices would drop. The house fire is something we never want to go through again, lost alot of nice stuff plus stuff you just can't replace. If you want to do a trip on the Holston please let us know! Haven't got a big brown this year............. it seems to shy away from my streamers....... I'm tying alot of streamers for my company up in OR which has kept me busy...... have a good Turkey Day! Tight Lines!

Lambster