The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:04 PM

chacon64 is on a distinguished road
Default Help!! In Chile.Flyfishing lodge.Coyhaique

Hello:
I am asking for help.I was offer to manage a lodge in coyhaique,next to the Simpson river,this was built,but never comercialized because the owner a lawyer didn't have the time to put it in business.
He offer me this because my family is related to the flyfishing business and very well know and respected from anglers all over the world.
I am asking for help to be able to have new customers for this new lodge.
As a respected person and beeing an angler i can not affect my family and friends taking there customers,so i need to begín from cero.
Fly fishing in Coyhaique is one of the best in the world.Simpson river is one of the best to,where is located the lodge,15 miles from coyhaique the main city where all the business is,very beautifull town and nice people too.
You can e-mail me to rodrigochacon1@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Rodrigo.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!! In Chile.Flyfishing lodge.Coyhaique

Rodrigo

You didn't give much detail in your fly fishing lodge or what kind of budget you have. If it were me I would do the following to promote your business:
1. Build a web site. Do a google search for fishing lodges in Chile, Belize, New Zealand, etc. Make notes on what you like, don't like about these sites to help you decide how you want your site to look like.
2. Advertise your fly fishing business in the major fly fishing magazines. Along with this idea you might invite some of the fly fishing writers down to your lodge so they can experience the lodge and the fishing opportunities and then have them write a fishing article about their experience to submit to the major magazines.
3. Actively recruit the hosts of the major fly fishing shows to come visit your lodge and do a video segment on your local fishing and lodge experience.
4. Next winter buy vendor booths at all the large fly fishing shows and promote your lodge with brochures and video presentations.

Larry
Old 02-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Rodrigo

Another idea you might consider to promote your fly fishing lodge is to become a sponsor of this web site.

Larry
Old 03-08-2009, 09:53 AM

Flywgn will become famous soon enoughFlywgn will become famous soon enough

Saludos Rodrigo,

I concur with the previous suggestions. The Simpson certainly has a great reputation and has been on my short list for quite a while.

How close are you to the lodge of Pancho Salas?

How are you "related to the flyfishing business"?

Buena suerte, que te salga todo bien.

Allen R

PS: Careless of me. I apologize for not asking about your health and recovery. I hope you are much better.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 AM

Thanks for your help Mr Mcnerney and Mr Flywgn.
And thanks for asking for my recovery,i am very lucky i am in great shape again the most important i am alive after the doctors don´t give me a chance to live i recovery as a miracle.And i am starting again.
I am related to the business,because my cousin and my uncle they are probably the oldest fly fishing guides in the city,and very,very respected from all other guides,They will be my support to starting in this business and also many other friends ,chilean an americans,they work here as a fly fishing guides and they will be very happy to work with us and make money.
The lodge is called Rain singing lodge or cantodelluvialodge. and the web page is Canto de lluvia Lodge ,the page is still in spanish,but you can see how is it.
The lodge is located probably 10 kms from the Pancho Salas lodge.

Thank you very much!!
Rodrigo
Old 03-09-2009, 11:38 AM

Flywgn will become famous soon enoughFlywgn will become famous soon enough

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to hear that your recovery has gone well.

Allen R
Old 03-10-2009, 07:37 AM

web page is Canto de lluvia Lodge

Thanks.
Rodrigo.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:18 PM

lineslinger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacon64 View Post
Hello:
I am asking for help.I was offer to manage a lodge in coyhaique,next to the Simpson river,this was built,but never comercialized because the owner a lawyer didn't have the time to put it in business.
He offer me this because my family is related to the flyfishing business and very well know and respected from anglers all over the world.
I am asking for help to be able to have new customers for this new lodge.
As a respected person and beeing an angler i can not affect my family and friends taking there customers,so i need to begín from cero.
Fly fishing in Coyhaique is one of the best in the world.Simpson river is one of the best to,where is located the lodge,15 miles from coyhaique the main city where all the business is,very beautifull town and nice people too.
You can e-mail me to rodrigochacon1@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Rodrigo.
Is this the same Rodrigo who was guiding for Jay Bergens operation a few years back and after that 45 Degrees South?
I have fished out of these two lodges in Coyhaique many times, some of the very best trout fishing in the world........if this is who I think it is............
Old 03-11-2009, 08:24 AM

Hello: I am not related to Rodrigo from 45 degrees south..!!
That topic has nothing to do with us and the co.

Thanks.
Rodrigo.