The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 08:40 PM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough
Default Wild Water TR

Well got up this morning with plans on fishing the undesignated stream all day. This plan changed after I fished it for about an hour. I didn't see a single fish, nor spook one. If I hadn't ever fished the stream before I would swear up and down it was sterile. So I then headed further up the mountain to another stream, when I got there it was 25 degrees with gusts of wind up to 45 mph's.... not the ideal conditions for fly fishing. I managed 3 bows all day between battling the iced up guides.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:32 AM

dang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nice
Default Re: Wild Water TR

At least you got out..That in istself is worth the price of admission.
Nice Red tail too.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:40 PM

guadalupetrout is on a distinguished road

Man, that last trout is just beautiful. The way the parr marks are like dots instead of bars. And the colors are just beautiful. Lots of girth for a 7 inch trout too. I'd love to fish that stream.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Chris: Great report, now you have a feel for fishing in Wyoming in the winter! Lots of wind and COLD! Great looking fish, congrats!

Larry

Old 12-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great report and pics....flyfishing makes us mad...that's why we fish in such conditions