The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 02:58 PM

dryflywaters will become famous soon enough
Default First Brown of 09

I spent the past few weeks trying to hit a local stream to fish, but the rain we have had caused the water to be blown out!

I finally got out this week and caught 4 small rainbows and this brown on a BH Green nymph I tied over the winter for caddis hatched.

Worth the wait!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC 17.5 2.jpg (52.4 KB, 143 views)
http://dryflywaters.com/
Old 05-14-2009, 04:48 PM

onlymidges will become famous soon enoughonlymidges will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First Brown of 09

Nice Brown - I saw some green caddis fling around yesturday. I need to tie some up myself.

Jr

"Catch and Release"
Old 05-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work and it's always a bonus when you catch a fish on something you tied yourself!

Larry
Old 05-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Good to see that all the fish didn't get washed away with the high water. I know what it is like to have to wait out the water, one of my favorite rivers is a bit high right now.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-16-2009, 05:59 AM

glassroddr has a spectacular aura aboutglassroddr has a spectacular aura about

Same situation here. The smaller creeks are ok but my usual haunt is still a bit high, at least enough to put a good strain on the knees while wading.