The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:11 AM

booya is on a distinguished road
Default miramichi salmon?

i started fishing salmon late in the season last year, and after catching my first salmon im hooked. im just wondering if anyone knows when the salmon start running in miramichi. im itching to go but its a 3 hr drive and would hate to drive all that way if there were no salmon in the river yet.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:43 PM

Kunibert is on a distinguished road
Default Re: miramichi salmon?

I used to live in NB and knew a few people from that area. I would contact local tackle shops (maybe try Fredericton outfitters and anglers) and guide services in the Miramichi area.

Edit: for what it's worth, the salmon haven't arrived here in Northern NS yet. Don't know if it'd be any different in NB?
Old 01-11-2010, 08:05 AM

greensalmon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: miramichi salmon?

Hi booya,
Salmon fishing on the Miramichi starts on April 15 for Spring Salmon (Kelt) and in June to October 15 for the brights. Last year the fishing was great with lots of big fish. I spent two weeks at the Country Haven Lodge. The best pools, great guides and awesome hospitality. And they don't charge to much. The Lodge offers also a salmon journal on Atlantic Salmon fly-fishing, Outdoor Vacations, whale watching and travelling Tours at Miramichi's Country Haven Lodge and Cottages in New Brunswick Canada
Take care
Klaus