The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Default Some fish pics from my trip this past weekend

I had a great time fishing a small creek for wild trout this past weekend. Here are some pics I took of some of the willing residence. All of the fish were caught on different dries using my 000WT. It was a very productive trip; I can’t even begin to guess how many fish were landed.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:27 PM

twospots has a spectacular aura abouttwospots has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Some fish pics from my trip this past weekend

Awesome!

I'd like to hear more about the fly rod and a pic if you have it. I'm looking for a small 1 or 2 wt that is not that expensive. I'm thinking I'll have to build one.

Beautiful fish. Where (not exactly) were you?
Old 06-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospots View Post
Awesome!

I'd like to hear more about the fly rod and a pic if you have it. I'm looking for a small 1 or 2 wt that is not that expensive. I'm thinking I'll have to build one.

Beautiful fish. Where (not exactly) were you?

Thanks!

That fly rod is the Sage 000710-3 TXL it is a medium-fast 7’ 10” rod. I have mine matched with a Galvan OB-1 reel with Sage quiet taper II DT000F line, the line weighs 32 grains. It is an absolute wonderful rod on the smaller backcountry creeks I prefer to fish. It is nice because even real small fish feel like big fish on this rod. In addition the rod will handle lager fish. Personally when I fish it for larger fish I will put them on the reel when fighting them. To date the largest fish I have landed with it was a 20” brown trout. I believe I paid around 540 for the rod.

Another rod I fish a lot is my Orvis Superfine 1WT. Prior to purchasing my TXL this was my go to rod. This rod I have matched with a CFO I reel and Orvis WF1F line. Personally I like how the feel of how this rod casts a little better than the TXL. However I like the fish on feel of the TXL slightly more. So basically it is a tossup for me as to which rod I like better. I don’t know exactly what I paid for this rod as my wife got it for me for a Father’s Day present.

As far as where I was at I will say this. I was on a small backcountry creek in Idaho. Here are a couple pics of my TXL for ya.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:28 PM

FlyRichardFly will become famous soon enoughFlyRichardFly will become famous soon enough

Beautiful fish. I went down to a 1wt last month. I've never had so much fun with a flyrod before.
Thanks for sharing. It's guys like you that use ultra light tackle to have fun fishing small creeks that got me started.
Now, I'll have to check out the OOO's!

"People are crazy, times are strange"
"I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range"
"I used to care, but things have changed"
- Dylan
Old 06-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Sasha: Very nice fish and great work with the photos! Thanks for sharing.

Larry
Old 06-02-2009, 09:26 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Sasha, Great pics, I like the way you took the pics.

Dan
Old 06-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Banned

Thanks guys! I actually took a bunch more pictures I believe that I had over 40 when I looked at the SD card. I did not want to do a massive photo dump so I chose a few to post.

@FlyRichardFly: Yes the 000wt is a wonderful rod I can't say enough about it. If you enjoy small creek fishing you will enjoy the rod. It was funny when I got the rod the fly shop owner suggested that I not fill out the warranty card in case I wanted to sell it later. My reply was that I would never sell the rod so I filled out the card

Here are a few more pics: On the way home we decided to check out a world famous creek. Plus we wanted to get out of the car and stretch a bit. We did not fish here due to the fact it was so late and after a full day of fishing we wanted to get home. Besides it isn’t like I couldn’t go back whenever I wanted to

Old 06-02-2009, 01:28 PM

twospots has a spectacular aura abouttwospots has a spectacular aura about

man your killing me! I gotta get out this weekend.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospots View Post
man your killing me! I gotta get out this weekend.

Well then here is some more for you. This is the creek we fished.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Sasha: Thanks again for sharing, that is a beautiful creek! With all those pictures I can imagine myself there fishing. Looks like you had a wonderful trip.

Larry