The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 PM

only adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the rough
Cool Hero Cam

I had one of those hero cams laying around the house. It was suppose to be for spearfishing, but i bought the 50mm, not the 170 degree angle (big mistake).. I'm kind of disappointed with its perfomance here too, but i figured i'd share. If you know the location don't shout it out, even though the parking lot was full today..
Old 01-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hero Cam

Nice work on the video, very entertaining!

Larry

Old 01-30-2011, 02:19 AM

only adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Hero Cam

thanks bro.. its does look cool, thank you, i really did try my best... i cant wait till spring!!!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:41 AM

Walter1023 is just really niceWalter1023 is just really niceWalter1023 is just really niceWalter1023 is just really nice

Nice Video......can I ask how long it took you to download it onto youtube ? I recently got a Kodak Playsport it takes great video but when I tried to download to youtube it seemed like it would take forever for a 4 minute clip ?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:38 AM

dang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nice

Thats pretty dang cool.POV(Point Of View) is a hard shot while holding a rod a net and the camera, not easy.Good job
Old 01-30-2011, 10:23 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

I liked everything except the last 6 seconds.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 01-30-2011, 10:52 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Good job man. I'm looking forward to something a bit longer...
Old 01-30-2011, 12:47 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

nice job on the video, I was thinking about buying a hero cam but ran accross this thing called the "hatcam" for $30 bucks.

Looking at your video got me motivated, so, being a cheap son of a gun, I decided to disassemble an old tripod I had laying around and drill a hole through an old napa hat and screw on my flip video camera.

The only negative I can see is it is a little head heavy so you have to keep the hat a little tighter then I normally like to wear a ball cap, and it looks kinda goofy.

I took a video around the house, can't post it cause the wife said if I did she would do damage to parts I don't want damaged (she was still in her jammies). Then she dared me to go into public with it on......

Next time out, I am taking it to see how it works on the river - I think this will be fun.

Thanks for motivating me.

d
Old 01-30-2011, 03:40 PM

Walter- it took 12 minutes to upload it to youtube. I think your issue is with file size, its simple to big so save the file at a lower resolution or shoot it at a lower one and you shouldn't have a problem.

The camera is mounted on the net. The camera is a pain there is no screen and the viewfinder is not something you use while in action. Like I said though this is the 50mm, which I would not recommend. The wide angle one is much better because there is less shake and EVERYTHING is in the frame. I am careful with it even though it supposed to be so tough because my brother was using hero cams for a very brief time and had two different housings leak and ruin the camera.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:36 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Webrx-The underwater shots will be tough with the hat cam, 'specially in the winter!