The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Daily Papers

The Daily Papers Daily Fly Fishing News from Around the Globe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 02:28 PM

flyguyusa is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up New strike indicator - SNAPZ Strike Indicators

I ran into these while googling "strike indicators", bought a package of both sizes. I received them a couple of days ago and have to say they are the best indicators I have ever used. I'm so tired of losing indicators or having to fiddle with them to adjust on the leader...these just work great...my two cents anyway.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:29 PM

plland is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New strike indicator - SNAPZ Strike Indicators

Could you comment on what it is about these strike indicators that makes them so great or newsworthy? Details are always appreciated.
2. What I use when a black #10 woolly bugger isn't catching.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty cool. What sizes?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:24 AM

flyguyusa is on a distinguished road

I ordered the 1/2" and the 5/8". so far I have used the larger one's. They are easy to attach to the line, you just fold them together on your leader. To adjust you don't have to take them off, just slide anywhere you want on your leader. They were pretty visible and floated well also.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:21 PM

Lambster has a spectacular aura aboutLambster has a spectacular aura about

Lambster likes the the tooth pick type that holds it on the leader..... lightning strikes.....is what they call the ones I use...... easy to adjust and last along time............. comes in yellow,Flor-Orange.... and white.... I've fished for 30yrs. and these are the best!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:21 AM

gvillevol is on a distinguished road

I have been sold on the "Thingamabobber" since it came out. I nymph 95% of the time I fish and have used yarn, putty, stickers, etc., and nothing has even come close to them. They are lightweight, filled with air (designed after the balloon trend), easy to adjust, and float better than any other indicator I've used. They come in two sizes and numerous colors. The greatest thing about them to me is their ease to cast. They're so lightweight it feels like you don't even have anything on. That also makes them super sensitive.

I have also heard some guys say they like "Fish Pimp" strike indicators. They look pretty good although I haven't tried them. I will have to check out the SNAPZ sometime, but it will take a great indicator for me to even think about changing from the "Thingamabobber".
Old 08-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi to all,

Here is the "Thingamabobber" that gvillevol is talking about. They are available in 1/2" 3/4" and 1".

Gvillevol, if you try the SnapZ let us know how they work.

Frank

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:44 AM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: New strike indicator - SNAPZ Strike Indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillevol View Post
. . . They come in two sizes and numerous colors. . . .
Actually, gvillevol, like Frank said they come in three sizes - 1", 3/4" & 1/2". The super-sensitivity you mention is a great advantage to me. I had great luck using both the large 1" and medium 3/4" when fly-fishing those large wary Rainbows on the San Juan/NM recently. I was able to hook probably 2-3 times as many with the Thingamabobber than previously with the foam-type indicators that are so popular up there. I only wish you could buy them in just one color. I found the best color to use on the San Juan was the white ones, as they blended in well with the foam bubbles on those seams in the river between two different currents, where I had good results nymphing during mid-day when the trout leave the flats for deeper water.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

White is the best everywhere, I have found. We have a store here that sells them individually which is great for that, plus I think it ends up cheaper then a bag if I remember right.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:47 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Thingamabobber Strike Indicators

Joni, do you suppose that store would sell them by mail, either online or by phone?

Thanks, Neil