Drifltess Gang Get-To-Gether #2

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Driftless Gang Get-Together #2

Just throwing this up the flag pole to see if anyone salutes. How about an October meet? It should be cooled off and just working around schedules I am aware of. I and Kent (kcdeal) have September Minnesota pike and bass trips planned. Kev is going on a dream trip to dinosaur lake in December. We just need to plan around fishiowa's schedule because he is the local guide and brings good whisky we can drink on the side of an Iowa gravel road.

Comments welcome. I very much enjoyed the last trip in April. If it's a go I'll look for my cool hat. :)

Last edited:

delopez

Reaction score
I'd head to Iowa... What section? Decorah? Yellow river?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ia_trouter

Reaction score
i will again be representing the Illinois delegation if you will have me:)
That sounds great Kevin. I can't imagine Kent and Rich would pass on an opportunity to hang out with us so we should have four already. :) Six would be great even if we had to split up in a couple groups part of the time. Plenty of water for whomever decides to attend.

delopez

Reaction score
You can count me in, too. I'll be coming in from nw Missouri

spm

Reaction score
I count five, so far. Odd numbers are, well, odd. Would you allow another Missourian in to round it out to six?

I don't have a cool hat, though.
steve

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
Well since this all started with trying to set up a fishing weekend with you and itchy it would be bad if I missed number two.

Can we go early October? Cause it's fall steelhead after that.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Well since this all started with trying to set up a fishing weekend with you and itchy it would be bad if I missed number two.

Can we go early October? Cause it's fall steelhead after that.
I don't see why not. I was just trying to make sure the weather is cooled off some. Let's throw out first weekend in OCT as our start point. It will probably work. I have no idea what those exact dates are. I am going to suggest the same as last time. Three days that include a Friday or a Monday to make it easier for more to attend a day or three. If we get over 6 we will probably be splitting up. Four worked fine but anymore would make it tough due to stream section size. But we can rearrange mid-day so everybody gets a chance to meet everybody else and hang out on the water. I hope ten people show up. We'll figure it out.

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
Itchy has Monday off so I'd shoot for that. I'll bring fly tying gear, twist up some flies. Fishing should be great that time of year, skating Caddis.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Itchy has Monday off so I'd shoot for that. I'll bring fly tying gear, twist up some flies. Fishing should be great that time of year, skating Caddis.
Sounds good. I would definitely make Monday part of my plans to fish with Itchy. We found a hotel with a "corporate discount". That's an inside joke from last time but it's a great hotel in a good location for a price as good as a cheezy hotel farther away. They have a nice outdoor patio for telling fishing lies and drinking a few brews together.

delopez

Reaction score
Would definitely have to figure out lodging up there

delopez

Reaction score
Alright, I was informed by the lady that my first weekend in October is occupied with wedding plans... (On the 7th)

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Would the second weekend work?

fishiowa

Reaction score
Alright, I was informed by the lady that my first weekend in October is occupied with wedding plans... (On the 7th)

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Would the second weekend work?

So starting on Friday the 13th?:)

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Yes sir... If that's ok. I understand, if not

We are going to try to dodge the steel head runs. What that means exactly in terms of dates I don't know. We'll have to wait for Steve to see this. Last weekend in September is perhaps an option as well. Before that is probably not an option for several of us.

delopez

Reaction score
"steelhead runs?" Huh? Steelhead run this river?