The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Canada > Eastern

Eastern Quebec and Ontario. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gt05254
  • 1 Post By laminarman
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 10:01 PM

Nearenuf is on a distinguished road
Default Gaspe Salmon Fishing Lodges

Greetings Fellow Anglers,

I am considering a trip to the Gaspe Peninsula in pursuit of Atlantic Salmon.
Can someone recommend a Lodge that has great guides, good food and comfortable beds? AND will not cost me an arm and a leg?

All the best

The true joy in pursuing trout is that they live in the most beautiful places.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:34 AM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gaspe Salmon Fishing Lodges

"AND will not cost me an arm and a leg?"

Good luck with that.
Gary
Nearenuf likes this.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 AM

laminarman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
"AND will not cost me an arm and a leg?"

Good luck with that.
Gary
I am looking at a trip as well. I have about six trips to the Little Southwest Miramichi at Andre' Godin's place under my belt. Sadly I think the lodge is out of business since Andre's passing. I would like to try the Gaspe. I just don't see prices being anywhere near the value I got in N.B. I am considering staying somewhere and hiring a guide day by day. Do they require you to have a guide as in N.B.? I will follow this thread closely too.
Nearenuf likes this.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:57 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Gaspe Salmon Fishing Lodges

No disrespect intended to this fine board, but take a trip over to the SpeyPages forum. Several of the members live in the area and would/could be all over this info request.

fae
Nearenuf likes this.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:50 PM

Nearenuf is on a distinguished road

Thanks Fred for the "re-direction". I will take a look.

Best regards,

Paul

The true joy in pursuing trout is that they live in the most beautiful places.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:22 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

No re-education intended, but I know of several posters there that live/fish the area. They appear to have several really odd off 'rules,' but they're their rules.

fae