The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Entomology

Entomology Basic entomology for the fly fisher to help identify insects that one might encounter on the stream or in a stillwater.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 02:39 PM

drlaser has a spectacular aura aboutdrlaser has a spectacular aura about
Default Mysterious bug

Found this bug in the picture below what is it?

Click the image to open in full size.

I'll have a few more pictures of a different bug here in a couple of hours
Old 03-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mysterious bug

The photo is so dark and out of focus I couldn't see the bug you were referring to, sorry.

Or on second thought, you might have gotten that elusive photo of BIGFOOT everyone in the NW has been after! LOL!
dean_mt, wt bash and theboz like this.

Last edited by mcnerney; 03-07-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:32 PM

chuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nice
Wink Re: Mysterious bug

[/COLOR]Oh--I recognize that in a minute! It's the rare, white, glowy, and blurry bug found in a lot of great fly fishing places but rarely identifed. Actually it's the breeding queen of the Albino Brain Chiggars that has wiped out planets when they invade! ( 3rd Rock from the Sun)
mcnerney and dean_mt like this.
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/
Old 03-07-2012, 05:40 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Bird Poop
Old 03-07-2012, 06:28 PM

Thanks for the sarcasm guys I only had my ipod camera that day so oh well feel free to delete the thread.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaser View Post
Thanks for the sarcasm guys I only had my ipod camera that day so oh well feel free to delete the thread.
Drlaser: We were just having a little fun, didn't mean to hurt your feelings or insult you in anyway, but from the photo you posted we can't see the bug you are referring to. Please post a better picture and I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

With the iphone camera, take the shot from a little further back, then just rely on the resolution to get you a close-up (had to use the trick when photographing flies).

Did you say you will be posting photos of a bug of the same species later? Unfortunately, I don't know my insects so well

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

dude, just kidding man. show us another pic.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I love looking at bugs, so please post the other pics.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-07-2012, 10:55 PM

Its okay guys I posted that right after I found out I made an 80 on my chemistry exam which normally is a good thing but i studied 18 hours for it so I might have been just a little cross. I didn't get a chance to go back and catch another bug plus we had a major storm roll in just now so my bug collecting excursions are postponed. I have pictures of Texas Mayfly's for you though.