The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Entomology

Entomology Basic entomology for the fly fisher to help identify insects that one might encounter on the stream or in a stillwater.

Like Tree16Likes
  • 15 Post By Rip Tide
  • 1 Post By stenacron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meet the Hendricksons

Excellent underwater video of the east's favorite mayfly

fysh, mcnerney, jpbfly and 12 others like this.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meet the Hendricksons

Great video Ripthanks for sharing
Old 04-17-2013, 02:06 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Excellent video and interesting how the coloration of the thorax changes from one to another. Those light tan abdominal segments are a consistent field mark though.

Also like the cameo of that scum-sucking (literally) Glossosoma caddis larva at the 0:32 mark
mcnerney likes this.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 04-19-2013, 06:27 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about

absolutely incredible video...colors , details...what more could a tying angler want...

I think I learned more in the few minutes of that video than I knew in 40 years...the swimming aspect was a total unknown factor to me...arched back nymphs might be a new tie...Hmmm...

thank you so much for sharing it!!!

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac linne, slat coille is fiadh freach - mirle s nach do ghabh gidheal riamh nire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/
Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Great little video! Hopefull "Meet the Cahill's" is next.

That site got me thinking. The interwebs has made learning to tie sooooooo much easier. I think I still have nightmeres about pouring through Helen Shaw's book and a few others, then getting a quick critique before dulling a razor and starting over.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:46 PM

South Holston will become famous soon enough

Great video- Their gills and their swimming action caught my attention
Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Rip: Thanks for sharing, as the others have said, that was awesome! I was really taken back with all the color variations and the swimming motion was really cool to see.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:07 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about

Larry...isnt that the coolest video going?? I learned more in watching that then I have in may years of trying to figure out the deal!

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac linne, slat coille is fiadh freach - mirle s nach do ghabh gidheal riamh nire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/