The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Equipment for Alaska

Equipment for Alaska Questions about gear and equipment needed to fish Alaska

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2016, 03:35 PM

racine is a glorious beacon of lightracine is a glorious beacon of lightracine is a glorious beacon of lightracine is a glorious beacon of lightracine is a glorious beacon of light
Question SE/ Yakitat/Situk River

So i'm headed out there in late August/Early September for Silvers. I wondered if anyone can comment on the type of polarized color sunglasses needed for this time of year? Is it necessary? Is the water that clear? Thanks for any suggestions.
Racine
Old 07-25-2016, 08:34 PM

ptarmigan is just really niceptarmigan is just really niceptarmigan is just really niceptarmigan is just really nice
Default Re: SE/ Yakitat/Situk River

I wouldn't go with anything darker than copper. That's usually what I use down there. You may get some real bright days but I wouldn't count on it. There is plenty of clear water and plenty of silvers to go with it. If the water is high you can catch them in the ditch along the road down to the lower Situk.