The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Articles > Everything Else

Everything Else Articles on casting, techniques and anything else you can think of.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2015, 03:29 PM

lanej23 is on a distinguished road
Default Camera discussion

Was wondering what others used as an on-river camera. I love my Nikon d3200 but wouldn't dare bringing it on the water. My phone takes awful photos, but I know iPhone 6 has an excellent camera. Possibly looking for something portable that could take nice pictures with maybe a waterproof case. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2015, 03:32 PM

ts47 is a splendid one to beholdts47 is a splendid one to beholdts47 is a splendid one to beholdts47 is a splendid one to beholdts47 is a splendid one to beholdts47 is a splendid one to beholdts47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Camera discussion

Fishing Cameras

There's a few good posts in here.
lanej23 likes this.

Good things come to those who wade...

And YES... the answer is always, "It depends".
Old 09-13-2015, 08:35 PM

james w 3 3 is a splendid one to beholdjames w 3 3 is a splendid one to beholdjames w 3 3 is a splendid one to beholdjames w 3 3 is a splendid one to beholdjames w 3 3 is a splendid one to beholdjames w 3 3 is a splendid one to beholdjames w 3 3 is a splendid one to behold

I take my DSLR on the water with me, it's useless sitting at home. I bought a dry bag at REI and put my cased camera in that. Superb protection, and with a couple repetitions I got pretty quick at deployment.
Of course, I don't stress a fish by jimmyjacking around with a camera getting a photo before release . . . and the landscape type shots I like most don't get away very quickly.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:14 PM

lanej23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts47 View Post
Fishing Cameras

There's a few good posts in here.
Thanks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 02-29-2016, 12:56 PM

346xp is on a distinguished road

I phone, my wife used a D 7100 with a big 90 mm lense
I have a new Canon T5 that I keep in my truck.

I phone 6s does really well, it stays zipped in he high inside pocket of my waders, I am not brave enough to snap it to a strap, but it would be quicker.

I want someone to follow me around and tell me how to pose, my fish all look small in pictures.
onemississipp and k_e_v like this.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:09 PM

lacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud oflacanadio has much to be proud of

I was at a conference and at the end, they drew for prizes for the attendees that were left. One of them was a Panasonic Lumix TS-25. I told my colleague "I'm going to win that" and lo and behold, I did. It's waterproof and it's what I use on and in the water.
onemississipp likes this.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:04 PM

darwin is just really nicedarwin is just really nicedarwin is just really nicedarwin is just really nice

The Samsung s6 Active is water-resistant and the new S7 is starting to be advertised. Not sure on the specs. They do have very good cameras. Samsung Galaxy S6 active (AT&T), Gray

Canon PowerShot and Panasonic Lumix are popular with some of my friends. Here is a quick search. What’s the Best Waterproof Digital Camera? | Heavy.com
Old 03-01-2016, 06:55 AM

moucheur2003 is a name known to allmoucheur2003 is a name known to allmoucheur2003 is a name known to allmoucheur2003 is a name known to allmoucheur2003 is a name known to allmoucheur2003 is a name known to all

Features of numerous models of waterproof pocket cameras are compared here: The best cameras

You may disagree with the rankings if you weigh the individual features differently than the website does, but it's a useful side-by-side comparison of some of the most popular models.

I've got my eye on the Nikon AW130. If you're leaning toward an Olympus, the new TG-870 is scheduled to debut on March 27, so you can wait until then for the latest and greatest, or you can shop around for a great closeout deal on the current TG-860.

Another recent (and longer) thread from our own forum is here: Waterproof cameras and long distance photos?
ts47 likes this.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:01 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

Works for me...

Click the image to open in full size.

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 03-01-2016, 09:17 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Pentax Optio as well although I'm sure that it's of an older generation then planettrout's
I bartered for it with a wool jacket that didn't fit as well as it used to .
So essentially, although previously owned it was free