The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Articles > Everything Else

Everything Else Articles on casting, techniques and anything else you can think of.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones
Default The Adventures of Mike & Curtis: Part 3

[img2="left"]http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=204&stc=1&d=1142811079[/img2]The Adventures of Mike & Curtis: Part 3

Mike and Curtis go on another fly fishing and camping trip. They pack a cooler with sandwiches and beer… lots of beer. After five hours of hiking, and dragging that cooler, they arrive at a great spot. It’s a nice level campsite next to a pristine trout stream. As they began to set up camp, they realize they’ve forgotten a bottle opener. Curtis turns to Mike and says, "You’ve gotta go back and get the opener or else we have no beer."

"No way," says Mike. "By the time I get back, you will have eaten all the food." (Remember… these are two pretty big ol’ boys)

"I promise I won’t," says Curtis. "Just hurry!" So Mike leaves. Curtis keeps his word.

Three full days pass and there’s still no sign of Mike. Exasperated and starving, Curtis finally digs into the sandwiches. Suddenly, Mike pops out from behind a rock and yells, "I knew it! That settles it… I’m not going!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BottleOpener.JPG (1.9 KB, 262 views)

Old 03-19-2006, 06:42 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Adventures of Mike & Curtis: Part 3

Ok, now that was funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Full Creel
[img2="left"]http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=204&stc=1&d=1142811079[/img2]The Adventures of Mike & Curtis: Part 3

Mike and Curtis go on another fly fishing and camping trip. They pack a cooler with sandwiches and beer… lots of beer. After five hours of hiking, and dragging that cooler, they arrive at a great spot. It’s a nice level campsite next to a pristine trout stream. As they began to set up camp, they realize they’ve forgotten a bottle opener. Curtis turns to Mike and says, "You’ve gotta go back and get the opener or else we have no beer."

"No way," says Mike. "By the time I get back, you will have eaten all the food." (Remember… these are two pretty big ol’ boys)

"I promise I won’t," says Curtis. "Just hurry!" So Mike leaves. Curtis keeps his word.

Three full days pass and there’s still no sign of Mike. Exasperated and starving, Curtis finally digs into the sandwiches. Suddenly, Mike pops out from behind a rock and yells, "I knew it! That settles it… I’m not going!"
Old 03-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis

Quote:

LOL! That was a good one.

But I don't drink beer, so I hope we brought something for me. Last time I drank from a stream I got sick as a dog.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones

Quote:
But I don't drink beer, so I hope we brought something for me
Oh but this isn't about you guys... its about a couple of guys named Curtis Sledge and Mike Hammer.

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CurtisSledgeMikeHammer.jpg (34.7 KB, 155 views)

Old 03-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough

LOL Brilliant!!!! Have to meet these guys someday.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis

Quote:
Oh but this isn't about you guys... its about a couple of guys named Curtis Sledge and Mike Hammer.Click the image to open in full size.
Then why did you put up a photo of us getting ready for our last trip????
Old 03-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Cast Like A Pro

dougm will become famous soon enoughdougm will become famous soon enough

Is this story likely to become the sequel to "A River Ran Right-on Into It?"

Them Stars are lookin good!

Fly Fishing with Doug Macnair
www.douglasmacnair.com