The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Find a Fishing Partner

Find a Fishing Partner Need a partner to join you on a fishing trip?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 08:35 PM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

Just checking to see if we can get a fishing trip going?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:27 AM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone from around the western slope of colorado?

Not from the Western Slopes, but could look into making a trip out that way.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Neal: I'm from Laramie, but have in-laws in the Carbondale/Basalt, CO area. Do you ever fish the Frying Pan/Roaring Fork/Colorado River? I like to float the Colorado River between New Castle and Silt and usually hit the Roaring Fork once or twice a year.

Larry
Old 01-01-2010, 10:39 AM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Neal: I'm from Laramie, but have in-laws in the Carbondale/Basalt, CO area. Do you ever fish the Frying Pan/Roaring Fork/Colorado River? I like to float the Colorado River between New Castle and Silt and usually hit the Roaring Fork once or twice a year.

Larry
we should hook up a trip.....those rivers are my stomping ground....also love the gunnison.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Neal: Sounds good! Once the wx warms up we will see if we can setup a fishing trip on the Colorado or Roaring Fork, then maybe a trip over on the Gunnison. I have never fished the Gunnison.

Anyone else interested in fishing the Roaring Fork/Colorado area, we have room for three in the boat!

Larry
Old 01-02-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Neal: Sounds good! Once the wx warms up we will see if we can setup a fishing trip on the Colorado or Roaring Fork, then maybe a trip over on the Gunnison. I have never fished the Gunnison.

Anyone else interested in fishing the Roaring Fork/Colorado area, we have room for three in the boat!

Larry
the gunnison salmon fly hatch is very famous
Old 01-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytyer_neal View Post
the gunnison salmon fly hatch is very famous
Neal: If you're referring to hiking down into the Black Canyon section of the Gunnison in June for the salmon fly hatch, I would love to do that but I'm afraid I'm a little too old for that kind of hike (I'm 64). I've seen video's of that hatch and it is pretty tempting but I'm not physically able to do that kind of hiking.

Larry
Old 01-05-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Neal: If you're referring to hiking down into the Black Canyon section of the Gunnison in June for the salmon fly hatch, I would love to do that but I'm afraid I'm a little too old for that kind of hike (I'm 64). I've seen video's of that hatch and it is pretty tempting but I'm not physically able to do that kind of hiking.

Larry
during the summer, I have a spot that we can get to the water in less than 10 min.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Neal: That sounds like something I can do! Just let me know when you want to go. We will have to get together for a float on the Colorado this summer also. Maybe we could also do a float on the Green River below Flaming Gorge if your interested.

Larry
Old 01-08-2011, 07:48 PM

lukewl will become famous soon enoughlukewl will become famous soon enough

Im in boulder and I am up for a drive anywhere there are fish! There is actually a spot I want to check out next sunday if anyone is up for it... south west of denver a bit. I can give details if anyone is interested.