The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Find a Fishing Partner

Find a Fishing Partner Need a partner to join you on a fishing trip?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Boston, MA

Some background on myself:

I'm 23, like to get out on the water as much as I can (including most days after work), and tie all my own flies.

I currently live in Brookline which is about 10 minutes outside of Boston. My main target species is largemouth and anything I can find in the local ponds/lakes/charles river. I also chase stripers and blues from shore sometimes in the summer.

I got big into float tubing this past summer and have had a great time with it so far.

Basically, fly fishing isn't very common around here, especially in the ponds, so I'm looking for someone else who enjoys doing it and wouldn't mind a fishing buddy. I've always enjoyed fishing more when there's someone else around to talk to, and often spark up conversations and meet the other anglers fishing around myself. If you fly fish in the Boston area and are looking for some company when you head out, and maybe some swapped flies, let me know.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:51 PM

flybum1331 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boston, MA

hey I live in Maynard. If your not familiar with it, its next to Concord and Acton. Me and a buddy have gotten heavily into fly fishing this year. We mainly target trout, but we also go for stripers off plum island and the cape cod canal (with spinning rods). I am trying to build a small network of local fisherman our age. Maybe meet up for some a solid day of fishing and be able to communicate about the quality of local spots