The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Find a Fishing Partner

Find a Fishing Partner Need a partner to join you on a fishing trip?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 02:10 PM

STARMedic is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a fly fishing partner....Texas, Devils River to Austin...

Well Im finally done with anything I could possibly want to do regarding Fire Rescue for this year....and now its time for some fishing... Im wanting to fish in the Hill Country, San Antonio, Austin, and west areas. Ive got good connections for Amistad, Devils River, Frio, Nueces, and can lodge people out this way....

Im lookin for a fishing partner, I dont mind driving, matter of fact Im wantin to do Corpus and the bays quite a bit this year....I gotta warn ya I have flyfishing ADHD, cause Im not one of the guys that stands still, I like to cover a lot of ground.....

Im also lookin for anyone interested in doing flyfishing along with primitive camping and backpacking....outside of Texas.....

There's gotta be someone out there who is as crazy as me.....

Bruce
Old 06-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Looking for a fly fishing partner....Texas, Devils River to Austin...

My preferences match yours, but my situation doesn't. I'm still in the process of moving myself, my pregnant wife, and all our stuff to SA. Someday I'll have time and we can go pummel the Medina or Nueces.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Looking for a fly fishing partner....Texas, Devils River to Austin...

Definitely sounds like a plan....Congrats on the upcoming addition, Best of luck on the move and when you get settled in.....Lets go fishing....

Bruce
Old 04-05-2009, 12:08 PM

flyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMedic View Post
Im wanting to fish in the Hill Country, San Antonio, Austin, and west areas. Ive got good connections for Amistad, Devils River, Frio, Nueces, and can lodge people out this way....

Im lookin for a fishing partner, I dont mind driving, matter of fact Im wantin to do Corpus and the bays quite a bit this year

Im also lookin for anyone interested in doing flyfishing along with primitive camping and backpacking....outside of Texas.....

There's gotta be someone out there who is as crazy as me.....

Bruce
yes...there is, but i live in el paso. so it is quite a drive for 1 or both of us no matter what. of course, southwest airlines is always a pretty cheap option and we'll have ground trans on each end.
UPSTREAM, publisher
Fly Fishing News, columnist
Old 07-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Cliff Hatton 2 is on a distinguished road

Hey,

I just moved to College Station, TX and am going crazy from not fly fishing. I am equally crazy about fly fishing, I love hiking and camping also. Not sure where do go but I heard the hill country is awesome.

If you still are looking for someone to hit up some streams, rivers, oceans with, let me know.

jacobgraham88@gmail.com
Old 07-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Jacob, you've heard right about the Hill Country. There's some decent fishing near you as well. I think there's a Brazos Valley fly club you might look into as well for outings and info.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:05 PM

AKJay will become famous soon enough

Jacob and STARMedic, You can both feel free to contact me if you still want someone to fish with. I'm still in Alaska til late-August but will be back in College Station for the school year again. My schedule is pretty flexible right now so I'd be open to some good fishing. What species are you targeting?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:32 AM
Cliff Hatton 2 is on a distinguished road

AKjay,

I'm actually from Alaska and grew up fly fishing all over that awesome state. Are you from there or do you guide for the summers? And will you he in college station in mid august? I'm up for some fly fishing, it would most likely be trout on the Guadalupe along with bass and all the other fish that live in these lakes and rivers.

Jacob
Old 07-27-2009, 06:14 PM

Sorry for not havin kept up with this thread, Ive been away saving lives and all that.

Im really wantin to do the speckled trout and redfish thing this year, would be willing to camp on location or split rooms. Ive made a few treks up to the Devil's River and managed to befriend the park ranger to the point of bein able to camp on the water. Its a long hike in but absolutely unreal. Id really like to arrange a float down the Devil's for anyone who's up to it....Ive been doin a lot of traveling between Kerrville, San Antonio and Laredo and lookin at the Medina, rememberin some of Cliff's photos...

Bruce
Old 07-27-2009, 06:54 PM

AKJay will become famous soon enough

Jacob, I actually work for Alaska State Parks in the summer...I'll be moving up here after I finish school. I'll be back in College Station on August 19th but have to unpack and stuff first. So I'd be ready to fish a few days later...i.e. late August.

STARMedic, its cool man...I'm a Paramedic too and I know how it can be. I'd be interested in some camping/fishing trips...I know people across the state so we might be able to get some good deals or free places to stay. I also have a place down near Matagorda Bay that we could crash at if we make it down that way for some reason. When I get back to Texas I'll see what you have in mind as far as when and where and maybe we can plan something.