The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Flies for Alaska

Flies for Alaska Questions about flies required or used in Alaska.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 03:39 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Alaskan Pattern Productivity, What Works;

AJ,

Your flies look great and they (I hope) will catch you some fish. Just the fact that you went too all the trouble to make some up is very flattering and I must thank you for your kind words.

I just came back from fishing late run silvers and the Freight Train was the ticket on this outing. Below is a blushing silver but I was happy to have it, the fish went off like a fresh one and it hit that fly like a Freight Train

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

All together 5 fish were landed and there were another 4 who hit but were not hooked. Oddly though no trout or char were caught.............

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-28-2011, 06:05 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you're wearing that brand new vest!!!

Dave
Old 10-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Nope just the jacket

The vest is not new. I sent it back for a 're-finish' because after 10 years of use it looked really bad. With all the little flaps and nooks & crannies I wanted to have it done by the company. The re-wax cost 50 dollars but when I got the vest back I thought it was a new one. So if after ten years yours looks all dried out and ratty it can be made new again for a fee. The jacket is the one they replaced and I was warm and happy in that the past few days. Morning temperatures were around 28* and the highs were about 37. The days were perfect with sun and blue skies, below is a picture from Wednesday at around 5:30 PM.

This was taken yesterday, Thursday, at about 6:00 PM. I was into a pretty good bunch of fish and didn't want to quit but I did shortly after the picture was taken. It was a matter of being able to return to the boat launch and get loaded while there was still some daylight.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:31 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Hardyreels;338890]Nope just the jacket

[The vest is not new. I sent it back for a 're-finish' because after 10 years of use it looked really bad. With all the little flaps and nooks & crannies I wanted to have it done by the company. The re-wax cost 50 dollars but when I got the vest back I thought it was a new one. So if after ten years yours looks all dried out and ratty it can be made new again for a fee. The jacket is the one they replaced and I was warm and happy in that the past few days. Morning temperatures were around 28* and the highs were about 37. The days were perfect with sun and blue skies, below is a picture from Wednesday at around 5:30 PM.

This was taken yesterday, Thursday, at about 6:00 PM. I was into a pretty good bunch of fish and didn't want to quit but I did shortly after the picture was taken. It was a matter of being able to return to the boat launch and get loaded while there was still some daylight.]

I meant to say jacket...Prefer to think of it as and age thing with no direct correlation to my intelligence.

Dave
Old 10-28-2011, 09:38 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

great pics as usual ard! nice color on the coho as well.
looks like like winter is movin in fast up there. almost time to break out the cross country skis and the snowshoes

casey

ARFE
Old 10-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Hi Casey

It's getting cold as always but I sense I can still get a few days trouting in before it's all a thing of the past.

We are still seeing a fair number of late silvers and it seems that I know where to find them but Nancy gets the bright ones. Here she is with one of her fish from the trip. All of her fish were like this one and all of mine were blush..............

I'm happy to see her catch them because she toughs it out from the morning low at 26* to the afternoon heat at 37*.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:58 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute

nice fish nancy!

casey

ARFE
Old 10-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Administrator

She caught more than I did.................................

Old 10-28-2011, 11:22 PM

outstanding! love it my friend
see ya next summer

casey

ARFE
Old 10-29-2011, 12:51 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

My fiancee always outfishes me and I'm the one who taught her how to fish... I can't wait for her to pick up fly fishing, I'm already catching fish on whatever flies she ties...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...