The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 04:53 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The 2014 "Fly Box 80" Collections...

cochise,

A PM is headed your way, and a box has been reserved...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 03-05-2014, 06:11 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

cochise,

Work begins this morning on your "80+ Flies" collection. With luck and continued healing of the right eye, the fly box should hit your doorstep within a week or so.

Many thanks, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 03-05-2014, 08:17 AM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future

OK, it's things like this that I live for.

I am very excited to be waiting on this box.

Thanks Hairwing530!
mridenour likes this.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:52 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
I should warn you of two things, however-- trout have no real appreciation for "beautiful" trout flies-- dries or nymphs.
I'm sure that is true my friend, but I still have this desire to build a couple tiny little display boxes for some of those beauties... lol.
mridenour likes this.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:50 PM

jjaram is on a distinguished road

Jerry, just received my fly box. Wonderful my friend. I will be ordering a couple of more shortly as gifts. Thanks so much. Joseph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2014, 05:55 AM

Joseph,

Thanks for letting me know that your box arrived safely. I always worry until I hear that the "package" has made it to its new home.

And, as a favor to me, please let me know as soon as you can about the other "gift" boxes. I'll be calling my fishing cronie later today about getting some additional boxes and I want to make sure that I have enough on hand to fill your order. The tying's not a problem. Getting the boxes here with all of the ongoing weather delays sometimes creates a headache.

At any rate, I'm glad to hear that you liked the selected works of the aging "hairwing530..."

Tie 'em on and fish 'em hard, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 03-08-2014, 03:04 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Hey Jerry.

It's a cool, wet winter day here, so the boys and I are stuck inside fiddling with fishing gear. They had a couple questions for you about their boxes and they made me promise to pass them on to you as soon as I could.... First off, they already know that you really like the Parachute Adams, so now they're really curious as to what the other two flies are that are in your "Top 3".

FYI- It appears that they are now sleeping with your boxes under their pillows...

-Jason
mcnerney and mridenour like this.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:57 PM

Jason,

The boys obviously have been paying attention to my mental meanderings. I do love almost any fly tied in a 'chute pattern, and have no shortage of them in my fly boxes-- especially the Adams parachutes.

With that said, my second choice would be a Light Cahill, especially those tied by a young girl known as Emily. Like my own late daughter, Laramie, Emily is losing her battle with leukemia and I find myself packing my own boxes with some of her ties for both sentimental reasons, and the fact that a good Light Cahill will get the job done on the river.

Fly #3 in my own chosen lot would be a Royal Coachman, tied as a parachute or a Wulff pattern. Big, brightly colored and bushy to the extreme, it imitates absolutely nothing that frequents the streams and rivers I fish. But, when all else fails, the "Royals" have a tendency to get a reaction from almost any trout, even when I'm the one doing the casting and on-stream flailing!

Jason, when you get a chance, double-check the boys boxes and make sure that I included a few traditional Light Cahills. They both should have a few in their boxes for no other reason than the fact that those flies are very special, indeed. If they don't have any, let me know and I'll correct that oversight on my part.

Be well, my friend, and give them my best... always!

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 03-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jerry: My two boxes will be going to CFR and PHW (in your name) as I appreciate all that you do for those cancer kids!

My favorite dry fly is a parachute adams also.

Larry

Old 03-09-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Jason,

The boys obviously have been paying attention to my mental meanderings. I do love almost any fly tied in a 'chute pattern, and have no shortage of them in my fly boxes-- especially the Adams parachutes.

With that said, my second choice would be a Light Cahill, especially those tied by a young girl known as Emily. Like my own late daughter, Laramie, Emily is losing her battle with leukemia and I find myself packing my own boxes with some of her ties for both sentimental reasons, and the fact that a good Light Cahill will get the job done on the river.

Fly #3 in my own chosen lot would be a Royal Coachman, tied as a parachute or a Wulff pattern. Big, brightly colored and bushy to the extreme, it imitates absolutely nothing that frequents the streams and rivers I fish. But, when all else fails, the "Royals" have a tendency to get a reaction from almost any trout, even when I'm the one doing the casting and on-stream flailing!

Jason, when you get a chance, double-check the boys boxes and make sure that I included a few traditional Light Cahills. They both should have a few in their boxes for no other reason than the fact that those flies are very special, indeed. If they don't have any, let me know and I'll correct that oversight on my part.

Be well, my friend, and give them my best... always!

Jerry, aka hairwing530
I agree with Larry, what you do for those children is a wonderful thing. We could all learn a thing or two from you my friend. There is not one thing I can do that makes me feel better than when I am able to put a smile on a child's face. I wish I were closer so I could see you in action with the young ones. I am sure your classes are truly special.

I read your answers to the boys and they were all ears. It's funny, I can tell them something and it goes in one ear and out the other, but if I read something from you, they take note...lol.

Tristan wants to know how you decide what to tie one when you first get to the stream. If there are no "bugs" to look at that is.... LOL. He is gearing up for his first trip of the year in a couple weeks and is already thinking about his strategy. I told you there were questions coming your way.... I hope you are up to it.

I will check out their boxes at the first opportunity. It seems there's concerns about Daddy "pilfering" though them, so they are currently stashed away in a safe place... For the record, you are working on a third box for me (so I have one too) and I have NONE of Miss Emily's Cahills...

I hope the timing works out. Nothing would make me happier than if they could catch their first fly rod trout on one of her special flies.

All my best my friend.
mcnerney likes this.