The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 06:24 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default The 2014 "Fly Box 80" Collections...

THE BIG NEWS... As I'm well into the tying these days, I'm ramping up my 2014 "Fly Box 80" collections and making them into the "Fly Box 90 collections. In a nutshell, you'll receive not 80, but 90 flies in a gasket-rimmed waterproof two-sided box-- 40 dries on the one side, 8 dries, 24 nymphs and a surprise or 10 on the other, with a bonus of 8 additional flies tied by "my kids" during their recent class sessions for the grand total of 90 flies. (They're into "variants" right now...)

I'm a little flexible on the mix of flies, should you need more nymphs and less dries. Right now, I'm tying more size 12 through size 16 than anything else, but I've got some size 10 dries and a few size 18 nymphs as well. As a rule, I can work with anyone on tailoring the selection to their liking... as best I can.

I'm still asking $45 per box of 90 flies, with free shipping via USPS Priority Mail. Paypal works best for me, with no fees charged. My Paypal info is: jwarrington1 at copper dot net. That's also my home e-mail address.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM or drop me an e-mail at the e-mail address above...

Thanks for looking, my friends. Spring and trout season are only a month or two away...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by hairwing530; 04-10-2014 at 05:16 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:22 PM

meathelmet has a spectacular aura aboutmeathelmet has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The 2014 "Fly Box 80" Collections...

Another great deal by Jerry and his tyers
Old 02-16-2014, 11:40 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the kind words, meathelmet... As some of "my crew"-- friends who contribute --are on journeys to warmer climes for awhile, most of the work that's included in these boxes comes from the hands of yours truly, with a little help from a couple of "special" tyers from the classes with "my kids..."

Larry... your boxes ship at the first of the week. Let me know what you think...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:46 AM

The first of the boxes head out tomorrow, with another four of them within a day or two thereafter. I've still got quite a few boxes laid in for orders, and I'm tying on a daily basis. So, if you've a need for the season ahead, please let me know and I'll work with you on a selection that should kick things off right...

Tight lines always, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:32 PM

nir has a spectacular aura aboutnir has a spectacular aura aboutnir has a spectacular aura about

Hi Jerry!

Cool project! But I am in Canada, would you ship here?

Cheers!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:02 PM

nir,

I'd be more than happy to send a box your way. However, I'd need some help with the shipping costs, as even a small Priority package to Canada runs around $20 to $25! The only reason that I know this is because I recently sent some hooks to one of my Canadian friends and it cost him $30.95 for his Priority service. His was a slightly bigger package, however.

Let me know either way via PM, as my e-mail account is currently having "issues..."

Thanks for inquiring about the fly boxes, and tight lines to you always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 03-02-2014, 05:29 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Hey Jerry.

The two boxes I had ordered arrived the other day. Those are really nice boxes and the flies inside of them are absolutely gorgeous!! I can't wait to get them out on the water. I just can not see how a trout could possibly refuse such a fantastic looking offering.

Thanks again for such a great deal on these flies.

Labguy
mcnerney, mridenour and tanner13 like this.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:27 AM

Hey labguy,

Thank you for the compliments on the fly boxes that arrived on your doorstep. Much appreciated...

I should warn you of two things, however-- trout have no real appreciation for "beautiful" trout flies-- dries or nymphs. Point #2-- should you ever decide to get the boys into fly-tying, keep an eye on the dog! The boys were quite interested in the use of Lab hair in the construction of some flies!! And, I can tell you from personal experience that "my girls" had NO appreciation for my "judicious trimming" of our old yellow Lab, even if her hair did lend itself to some really nice Lab-hair caddis patterns...

And, to the rest of my long-distance fishing cronies on this site... The $$$ from the sales of the next 6 or 7 boxes all will be channeled into a small "expenses" fund for one of "my kids." Ms Emily has been a four-time student of mine, and by the end of this year, she will lose her fight with leukemia, much the same as my own daughter did in 2010 at the age of 15. Thanks to the sale of some very special fly collections and a few of my own personal items, she and her family now have sufficient funds for a trip to the Catskills in late April-- her "dream trip," if you will. And, it's all because of a collective of caring and compassionate fly-wranglers, including some of you.

A mug of coffee is raised in honor to all of the anglers who cared enough to get involved, along with my heartfelt thanks...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 03-03-2014, 01:38 PM

In answer to a few questions about sizes, I've added the general size ranges that I'm working on right now. As far as patterns go? Because my "attention" seems to wander toward watching the ice head downriver, I've got a variety of patterns-- traditional ties like Adams, Cahills and the like, myriad nymphs, and some of my favorite dries-- parachute patterns in various flavors. Ask, my friends, and I'll do my best to make sure that you receive...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 03-03-2014, 01:42 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

I will take a box.
labradorguy likes this.