The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 02:00 AM

hokiehunter07 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bigger & Better... "The Fly Box 90!"

Jerry,
Here's the little fella that will eventually be fooling trout with Emily's flies.

Click the image to open in full size.

Let her know he says thanks. He loves it when I talk fly fishing to him. Quiets right on down...

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
mridenour likes this.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:17 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Hey hokiehunter07,

Your photo brought back a lot of great memories, as it's been a long time since any of my daughters were of that age or size. Kudos, my friend... kudos on planning for his "fishing retirement" early!

I'll print the photo of your son and give it to Ms Emily later today. She and her family have landed at "Trail's End"-- see the Lodge Den thread called "I Met Myself Last Night..." for further explanation about the "End" --and they'll be staying there for awhile. Emily's health has taken a decided turn south, making it difficult to nearly impossible for her to get in any time at a tying vise. The photo might do her some good...

Thanks again for posting the pic. Much appreciated...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 06-16-2014, 04:21 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Guys,

More "Fly Box 90+" collections-- and a surprise or two --hit the road later this morning, with arrival of most scheduled over the next few days. Please let me know when they arrive at your door, and what your thoughts are...

Tight lines, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour likes this.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:59 PM

And, one last note to the above... I'm going to be setting free-- i.e. shipping --as many boxes as I can get tied over the coming days. With Ms Emily making her "final stand" in her long-running battle with leukemia not far from where I sit-- at "Trail's End" --the long hours of work will keep my mind busy...

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:42 PM

tristanzs is on a distinguished road

Just received my boxes Jerry, they look great can't wait to fish them. Thanks
Old 06-18-2014, 08:43 PM

grousesetters is on a distinguished road

Got my flyboX + today! Now I don't have to bug my son for the ones you made for him. Got them packed in the truck already and there will be a few of them getting wet after work tomorrow evening!

My best to you and your "Kids". Ms Emily will be in my thoughts as I tie them to the end of the line.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 06-20-2014, 02:25 PM

Yet another batch hit the USPS earlier today. I'd post a complete list of the names of the upcoming recipients, but that would spoil the surprises! And, you know how I like sending off surprises...

Look for more boxes to depart early next week. Until then, have a great weekend, my friends, and tighten a line for yours truly, if you wouldn't mind...

And, say a small prayer for the youngster known as Emily...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 06-23-2014, 08:28 AM
mridenour

Jerry,
I grabbed a large nymph pattern out of a box I flies I got from you when I was fishing for browns yesterday. I had it on an hour or so and had one hook-up with what I believe was a brown, caught a very beautiful brown that barely fit in my net, had some chasers and lost a very feisty rainbow that went into a spastic fit and ejected the fly high into an overhanging tree. It looked like a Hare's Ear but I am not sure. It had yellow tail fibers and a bead head and an orange-ish colored body. Anyway, if this sounds familiar to you, I am going to be needing some more. There was only one in the box.

Mike
labradorguy likes this.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:53 AM

Mike,

Drop me an e-mail at jwarrington1@copper.net with a photo of the fly, if you could? On occasion, I send out the occasional "orphamentation"-- i.e. a twisted take on something I like. With you being one of the "buds," the chances are good that there may have been such a fly in your mix...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 06-23-2014, 11:57 AM
mridenour

I wish I could. The fly currently resides high in a tree overlooking the Current River here in Missouri. It was the only one like it in the box...lol!
repperson29 likes this.