The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 04:39 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bigger & Better... "The Fly Box 90!"

Hey booone0,

Thanks for letting me know of your package's arrival. Always appreciated...

Now, as I've said before and will no doubt say again, "Get 'em wet and fish 'em hard!!!" I can always make more...

Tight lines always, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:38 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

For those who've asked... Yes, I'm still tying up the "Fly Box 90's" and the "Memorial Boxes." Thank you for your interest...

Tight line always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-07-2014, 05:56 AM

Guys,

Even if your "need" for more flies may be awhile in coming, I could really use your help via a purchase of a box-- or two, if you'd like --to assist in helping Emily's folks with the funeral costs. "Doc" and I have taken on most of the financial burden for the service, and I'm not exactly rolling in it, so to speak.

So, if you can, a little help from my friends would be appreciated. Now, I've got to get ready to deliver the eulogy at Emily's funeral in a couple of hours...

Take good care, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-08-2014, 09:05 AM

stanbiker has a spectacular aura aboutstanbiker has a spectacular aura about

Jerry,

Sorry to hear about Emily yesterday.

I received 2 flyboxes yesterday as well. I will certainly be thinking of her every time we open the boxes.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:14 PM

Hey stanbiker,

Thank you for letting me know about the arrival of the boxes. Much appreciated...

And, in at least one of them, you should find some Light and Dark Cahills. They were some of late Emily's ties, and I'm trying to include some in every box that I send out, or until the supply runs beyond the low mark.

I've also been including a previous few flies as well from the vises of my late daughters-- Lauren and Laramie. After their deaths in 2007 and 2010, respectively, I put large groups of their ties into a small jar that then made its way to the back of an old china cabinet. I'm now putting some of those flies to good use, as I'll never fish/use them all...

Say a small prayer for the girls whenever you tie on a fly from one of my boxes, my friend...

Tight lines now and always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-09-2014, 12:05 PM

Just a quick update for everybody...

I'm currently spending most of my hours at the tying desk, and flies are coming out of the box in sufficient numbers to allow me to pack a few boxes every couple of days. And, thanks to you, there has been some progress made toward retiring the debts left after the passing of Ms Emily. And, for that, I am grateful, as the youngster's parents have been through the proverbial wringer...

Many thanks for helping out, my friends. Keeping me busy these last few days has been a God-send...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-09-2014, 05:33 PM

Mike R.,

Keep an eye on your mailbox over the next few days. You might find a small packet of "stuff" for your "field research..."

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour likes this.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:59 PM

stickbow98 is on a distinguished road

Jerry,

My box (and bonus) arrived today. Thanks so much. They will be fished with you and your girls in mind.
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said...Thank you for allowing us to contribute and sharing your gift of not only masterfully tied flies, but "how to deal with the hand life gives you" lessons as well. You're a class act all the way.

Best regards,
Ron
Old 07-15-2014, 05:55 AM

Ron,

Thank you for the kind words about my ties and the girls as well. There's not a day goes by when I don't think about them and miss them still. Then again, I have that same tendency toward "my kids" and those I've lost along the way. They often handled their "dealt hands" better than I did, especially those like the late Emily...

Now, it's time to hobble back to the tying desk. I've got a few more boxes to finish up for "the guys..."

Thank you again, Ron... Tight lines to you now and always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-15-2014, 07:12 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Jerry, got the package. I was happy to see the fly I couldn't quite recall included. Here it is:
Click the image to open in full size.