The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 05:50 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bigger & Better... "The Fly Box 90!"

Thanks for the kind words, scottyb. I'm looking forward to your first "on-stream research" report...

And, for a few others in my collective of long-distance friends... watch your mailboxes later today. You just might find a "care package" from the confines of northern Michigan among your mail...

Tight lines, now and always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour likes this.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:12 PM

stickbow98 is on a distinguished road

Hi Jerry,

An old friend who heard I had just retired, stopped by today to see what I was doing with my new "free time". A true buddy, he suggested I avoid the Mrs. and her now limitless Honey-Do list.... grab a rod and escape to a quiet little stream he knew of that I hadn't fished before.

Well, that didn't take any convincing so I grabbed my new Fly Box 90 and off we went. I have to tell ya, fishing only your flies for the first time proved that my first impression had been correct. They ALMOST look too good to use, but you'll be a lot happier if you do!

I just wish I had brought along a camera, as we had a terrific time! Lots of laughs, and some beautiful trout brought to the net. Really enjoyed having you and the girls there with me... My "skill" certainly seemed to have increased with the new arsenal on the end of my Tippett!!

Thanks again, and Best Regards...

Ron
hairwing530 and stanbiker like this.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:09 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Ron,

You're quite welcome! If ever I can contribute further to any "angling delinquency"-- I'm years past anything resembling "juvenile delinquency," so "my girls" frequently refer to my pursuit of everything "fly" as the aforementioned "A.D." --just let me know. My new goal at the vise is to make the TBI's (Trout Bureau of Ingestion) Ten Most Unwanted tiers list!! I'll let you know how that works out...

Keep gettin' 'em wet and enjoying the flies, my friend. I can always make more...

Tight lines always, Ron...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
repperson29 likes this.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:56 PM

hokiehunter07 will become famous soon enough

Today was the first time I've been able to hit the trout stream since 3 weeks before my son was born (early May). I didn't use any of the flies I bought from you, Jerry, but I did tie on a Cream Cahill in honor of Emily to start things off.

Sorry for the crappy quality as these are raw video screenshots but these two guys fell victim to the cahill...

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
mridenour likes this.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:56 AM

My Friend,

Everybody needs that certain "kick-off" fly, a favorite that we always tie on to start a day astream-- hatch or no hatch. Right now, I believe that three girls are looking down on us and smiling over the fact that you chose to go with a Light Cahill. All good...

One day, you'll "gift" your son with the knowledge gleaned from your hours on the water, and so will begin an adventure for you both that will serve you well in the years to come...

Tight lines to you both... always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour likes this.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:54 PM

Just a quick "heads up" for some... Another batch of boxes left yesterday, and most should arrive within a day or so. Please let me know when they do, if you would be so kind.

More boxes depart tomorrow and Thursday morning as well. The feathers, hair and thread pieces are building a nice pile atop my tying desk...

Tight lines, my friends, and thank you for your patience. Much appreciated...

Jerry, aka hairwing530