The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 11:34 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bigger & Better... "The Fly Box 90!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Mike,

Got you covered on the "gift box." I'll make doubly sure that it's something truly special for all of the man's work...

Many thanks for looking my way in allowing me to build the man a special gift...

Tight lines always, Mike... And, stay outta trouble, will 'ya?

Jerry, aka hairwing530
I'm trying but trouble always seems to find me...then I plop right in and get it all over me.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:39 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Mike,

As Elvis once said-- and I think that he was channeling the future "me" -- "If you're lookin' for trouble, you're in the right place...

Now, I'm not saying that I'm the root cause to any "trouble." But, when my fishing cronies start double-checking their wallets for bail money...

Later...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour likes this.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:10 PM

802flyfish will become famous soon enough

Original requested the "80 fly box" from Jerry last week. Received my box today with 90 flies! Thanks Jerry!
mridenour and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:27 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Hey 802flyfish...

Thanks for letting me know that the "package" arrived safely. Much appreciated...

hub... Your box departs with tomorrow's mail.

And, Mr. Ridenour... Your gift box should make its debut via its arrival by week's end...

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour likes this.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:30 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Thanks Jerry! You were all over it again! I wish I could get things together and shipped that promptly. I tend to put things off sometimes...unless I am going fishing.
repperson29 likes this.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:54 PM

Hey Mike,

Normally, it would take me a little longer to complete such a request. But, I did a lot of tying last night. Sleep was not an option after chatting with Emily's Dad and "Doc." Her test results are showing definite signs of slipping, and there are valid concerns about her trip to the Catskills, if it's put off for very much longer.

As of an hour ago, "Doc" called with a plan. As befitting a man who spent the bulk of his adult years as the chief oncologist at a major cancer center, a very good friend of his-- and a guy that I've guided once or twice for a day on the river --has a plane and years of flying experience as a corporate pilot. He's volunteered to fly Ms Emily, her family and "Doc" and his wife to the eastern confines near the Catskills, thereby taking the long ride out of play and expediting her visit before her health completely fails her.

And, for his efforts, "Doc" and I are going to kick in for some of the fuel costs. So, the sales of the next four or five "Fly Box 90" boxes will be put into the "fuel kitty," with "Doc" matching my contribution. And, if it means a few sleepless nights of tying, so be it. I didn't start this "Make a Fishing Wish" project without planning to see it through...

Later, my friends. I'm headed back to the bench...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 04-15-2014, 04:11 PM

troutn has a spectacular aura abouttroutn has a spectacular aura about

Mike (MRidenour) gave me one of the Fly Box 80's for my birthday! What a surprise and a great gift!
Old 04-15-2014, 06:00 PM

troutn,

I'm pleased to hear that you liked the box-- and its contents, of course. I try to make each box as nigh onto perfection as I can, my ol' "exceed expectations rather than just succeeding..." Besides, Mike's a great guy and a good friend, no doubt the reason behind his having a reserved "rod slot" here on the river...

So, troutn, as I like to tell folks who end up with my flies... "Fish 'em hard and get 'em wet!!" And, let me know how they work out for you...

Tight lines always, troutn...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 04-16-2014, 05:16 AM

And, as I should have said, if anybody is in need of flies for the season openers and beyond, let me know. I've now hit day two at the bench with only 3 or so hours sleep, as I've never quit on one of "my kids" or those who purchase a box of flies from me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 04-16-2014, 08:04 AM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
And, as I should have said, if anybody is in need of flies for the season openers and beyond, let me know. I've now hit day two at the bench with only 3 or so hours sleep, as I've never quit on one of "my kids" or those who purchase a box of flies from me...
That is all good and fine, for a good cause......BUT......It does not serve them, or yourself if you end up being laid low with an illness or exhaustion for a month or two.

Take that from someone who literally without exageration the past three years worked a minimum of 100 hr./wk. to 140 hr./wk. to help out some customers who are friends at my own financial undoing. Towards the end of that I was being hammered with severe flu's and other issues, and now am dealing with the joy of shingles purely from the stress of that and other losses.

Most of all however, the joy of what you do is slowly beaten down losing its luster.....Balance is the key my friend.....don't do as i do, do as i suggest

If another couple of boxes sold will make a difference, let me know.....their delivery just like the others being required when they come, no sooner.

B.E.F.
hairwing530 likes this.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.