The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree136Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 07:32 PM

03bulldogs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bigger & Better... "The Fly Box 90!"

PM sent. Tying for a great cause !!! If your still tying , I will order a box please. God bless you and "your kids"
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:49 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

I generally tie throughout the year, as my "fishing cronies" have become "streamside decorators"-- i.e. they tend to leave a fly or two in every tree they get near. Consequently, rather than slowing down their trips astream, they ask-- OK, I make 'em beg just a little --for the occasional "refill" throughout the season. So, no problem with tying up your fly box, 03bulldogs...

Tight lines always, my friends... The Opener looks as if it's going to be colder than usual, and on the wet side...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Chawk likes this.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:14 PM

bz3722 is on a distinguished road

Jerry,
My present came today. It must be a present because I didn't give you nearly enough for these. What beautiful flies. I cant wait to give them a try.
Thank you very much!!

Bob
Old 04-26-2014, 04:01 PM

james w 3 3 has a spectacular aura aboutjames w 3 3 has a spectacular aura about

Paypal sent. Really looking forward to this.
Bless you for what you're doing.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:15 PM

charlie nj is on a distinguished road

Jerry, I just sent it to you, with shipping. Thanks so much
Please thank your kids for me also.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:38 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Guys,

A few boxes will be departing in a couple of hours, as I was able to get a fair amount of tying done last night. Sleep wouldn't come to yours truly, displaced to a great degree by worry. Ms Emily & Company-- she, her family and "Doc" and his wife --have been out East for over a week now, and she started showing symptoms that caused "Doc" to rein things in and take her to the closest medical facility. As "Doc's" resume is that of the former chief oncologist of a major cancer center, now retired, he was able to get full cooperation at the facility.

I just talked to "Doc" no more than five minutes ago, and the trip will continue, albeit at a slower pace. A few hours of IV's and some additional meds, and "Doc" says Ms Emily already is up and making plans for the next couple of days. God bless the youngster and her zest for fully living whatever days remain in her all-too-short life...

So, Charlie, Nick, Cole, Evan and Edward? Watch for USPS packages to hit your doorsteps within the next few days. By tomorrow morning, I hope to wrap up another group of fly boxes to head off to their new owners.

Right now, it's time for a "power nap..."

Tight lines, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:32 AM

philip72 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jerry for the flies for me and my dad can't wait to use them. Every body should have a box in their vest. And it goes for a great cause. Thanks again,Philip
mridenour likes this.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:19 PM

Bob and Philip,

You're both quite welcome for the assortments. I'm glad that you both liked them. And, I should be thanking you-- and the rest of the guys --who've lent a financial hand to the long-running project affectionately known as "my kids." Not one of "my kids" has ever paid a dime for the tools, materials and the like, nor will they, so long as I'm around. My flies and the boxes are just my way of making sure of that fact...

I'll have a few more boxes finished by the weekend, meaning another group heads off to new homes. And, for anybody still on the fence about purchasing a box or two? Let's just say that you'll most likely find the fly counts running closer to 100, with the additional "fun bugs" that have been a part of many of my "packages" of late...

Be well, my friends. I've got another dozen flies to knock out before the Speaker of the House rings the dinner bell...

May you all experience nothing but tight lines... always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited by hairwing530; 05-01-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:47 AM

Charlie,

Did your "package" arrive, and if so, your thoughts?

Gabriel-- your "challenge" package of "ultra-smalls" is nearing completion, as is the box of your Better Half. You should have them by mid-week of this coming week...

Doug-- Your boxes are almost ready to be wrapped up in a USPS box and adorned with a bow. You should have them by mid-week as well...

And, Jeff-- Your "triple play" will be done and in your hands very soon, as in Monday or Tuesday of this coming week...

To one and all still waiting... I'm tying more than I thought I'd be, what with the trout season on. But, the rains are keeping the river high and fast, meaning it's a "challenging" wade, at best. So, when one can't fish, he ties...

One favor I'd like to ask... When your boxes arrive, please let me know of their arrival and your thoughts. I've got plenty of thick skin...

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

PS And, Bob? If you really feel you didn't pay enough for the box, I'm not above taking "donations"-- pipe tobacco, gin or scotch, etc. etc. Just yanking your chain, my friend... kinda... Jerry
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:51 PM

grousesetters is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to getting the "Triple Play" and giving them to my son.

Thanks.
Jeff