The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree140Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 07:16 PM

charlie nj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bigger & Better... "The Fly Box 90!"

Yes thanks, got them yesterday, wow very nice flies thanks. Anyone considering having Jerry tie them a box it's a no brainer. And it's a great cause. Thanks again jerry looking forward to taking them to rosco next week.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:19 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the kind words about my ties, Charlie. Thoroughly enjoyed putting together your collection.

And, if you need any others, like those "smalls" we discussed, please let me know...

Anyone else have a fly "needs/wants" list in need of filling? Guys, you know where to find me-- at the bench/desk...

Tight lines always to one and all...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney likes this.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:54 AM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all of the feedback shared about Jerry's Flies everyone!
You're making the anticipation worse than waiting for ketchup to come out of the bottle

B.E.F.
mcnerney and popperhopper like this.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

B.E.F.,

You'll be pleased to know that I'm hoping to put the finishing touches on shipment #1. In it will be two collections of sorts-- one boxed, and one "jarred." You'll know exactly what I mean when you open the "care package" from the north country...

And, nope... I won't give you any further hints than the one previously mentioned!!! If you've read through my thread known as "I Met Myself Last Night..." then it will soon hit you as to what's coming your way, even if it is in "miniature" by comparison to its long line of predecessors.

Have a nice weekend, my friend... Oh, and I'll also be wrapping up some "pairs" and one "trio" before Sunday night ends. So, Gabriel and Jeff? Keep an eye on the mailboxes this coming week...

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-03-2014, 09:12 PM

Skrap,

Watch for your box this week as well, along with your boxes as well, Doug W... With the river running high, the temps running low and rain, Rain, RAIN, I've been "absent" from the river and "present" at the tying bench/desk.

In fact, I'm off to finish tying up the last finishing touches on another two boxes before I call it a night...

When the flies arrive, I expect full reports on the epic battles with the local trout, panfish or bass populations!

Be well, my friends, and tight lines to you all...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
popperhopper likes this.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:50 PM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
B.E.F., You'll be pleased to know that I'm hoping to put the finishing touches on shipment #1. ...........
Nope......Remember now....."when "leisurely" construction time permits….No sooner."

Sounds like you've a lot of business just like I hoped, and that means I'm at the back of the cue. Anticipation often the best part of life

B.E.F.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:26 PM

Well, BEF, you've been officially taken from the "stand-by" status and elevated to the "first class, shipping it tomorrow" place of prominence. As well, I've managed to finish up at least five or more other boxes, all of which hit the post office running, come tomorrow morning...

And, for those of you who've kept pace with the health status of one Ms Emily, she and her "gang"-- her family and "Doc" and his wife --arrived back home early this afternoon after their two-week jaunt to the Catskills, Adirondacks and southern Vermont-- very tired and a little worse for wear, but extremely happy!

According to "Doc," they went everywhere, saw everything, and Ms Emily brought home examples of every Catskills fly she could find, along with some other patterns unique to various areas visited. Jay, you'll be pleased to know that she packed her fly box to overflowing, my friend...

No doubt, if my sources are correct, she made a few other "acquisitions" while out East, and I'm sure that I'll get to hear about them in the coming days. Right now, the youngster needs some rest, as "Doc" says the trip really took its toll on her.

Still, from her lips to my ear and onto this monitor, I have a message for all of you who were kind enough to help me with making this wish of Ms Emily's come true-- Thank you for caring about me... Emily

My friends, it doesn't get any better than that, though I still intend to find a "good-weather" day when Ms Emily, her Dad and me can float the AuSable River in a real AuSable riverboat. She'd like to see some of the old lodges and clubs before the leaves come calling...

And, from me as well... You guys have my respect, my friendship, and a gratitude that is eternal for all of your help. God bless...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
grtlksmarlin and repperson29 like this.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:01 PM

dcbeattie is on a distinguished road

hi jerry,
just making sure you got my paypal. looking forward to the box o flies.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:17 PM

Got it, Duke, and I've already got a good start on your box. I'm planning on its completion within the next 3 or 4 days, maybe a day longer if the weather breaks and I can wade back into the river for an hour or two. I'll advise when the box is ready to go, and its ship date, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-04-2014, 10:37 PM

Well Jerry I'm so glad to hear Miss Emily's trip was rewarding for her. From your posts it was easy to tell you were concerned before the trip to help make it happen, and obviously during with her trials.....Hopefully her return will help you rest easier.

B.E.F.