The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 10:05 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Bigger & Better... "The Fly Box 90!"

As I hinted-- OK flatly stated --toward the end of the "Fly Box 80" thread, I'm now putting together an even larger selection of flies in the bigger and better(?) "Fly Box 90" collections. Same price, same box, more flies and still shipped to your door on my dime-- unless you feel like kicking in a little extra. And, in typical hairwing530 form, the boxes are still only $45...

The mix and percentage of dries and nymphs is open to discussion, much the same as it's always been. I'd add a new photo, but it would look suspiciously similar to the "Fly Box 80" versions.

I'm trying to recover from the recent "custom order/no pay" fiasco, and if you've a need, I'm still wrapping hooks. Just let me know...

Oh, yes... the financial side of the coin. Paypal works best for me, and if you'd like a box or two, please drop me a PM or e-mail me at jwarrington1 at copper dot net That's also my Paypal info...

Be well, my friends, and tight lines to you all... always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Below: one of my "example" boxes...

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by hairwing530; 05-29-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:18 AM

grtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to all
Default Re: Bigger & Better... "The Fly Box 90!"

Fifty cents a fly? Plus a nice fly box? U.S. made and manufactured? How can this be?!

How could anyone not jump on such a generous offer?

Though it does make one wonder if Hairwing out of Michigan isn't really Haiwong out of Shanghai, but from the photos the quality is just too dang good!

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:38 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Hey B.E.F.,

Not much of a "stray far from home" sort... My roots and boots have always been firmly planted in the uplands and the rivers of my home state-- Michigan. Born here, schooled here(in so many ways), and plan to remain here, even after I'm gone.

And, since I'm finishing up the compilations of your boxes, you're going to be moved up to the "FB-90" bracket. Fair enough?

Tight lines always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530... he who long has wandered the riverbanks along the AuSable River...
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:55 PM

grtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
And, since I'm finishing up the compilations of your boxes, you're going to be moved up to the "FB-90" bracket. Fair enough?
Actually not really......We made a deal for 80+80 which in my thinking was already way beyond generous from you.

Now I'd still like one standard box of 80 but would be more than happy taking whatever oddities that guy ordered off your hands as part of it to help relieve that burdon....But I'm most excited about my "Community Jar" second 80 of those experiments gone awry and your kids "trials and errors" flies that are just sitting there helping no one.

80+80 suits me just fine in that I'm already getting a terrific deal, and if that gets you 20 flies closer to filling another order....well....all the better.

Your generousity clearly in all aspects of your life humbling.

B.E.F.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Oh and P.S....

For us buying these it's not really about "good deals and fair trade." It's about being able to march a little while in your parade of kindness and giving to others. The flies the most minor part of it. As it's really about being able to do what insignificant amount we can to live by your example.

So let me give a little too as minor as it may be...I want that same good feeling, and Lord knows, I need the extra points to find my way into heaven

B.E.F.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:17 AM

Hey B.E.F.,

I'd include a "personal recommendation" on your behalf whenever I pray to the Man Upstairs, but I don't think it would carry much weight, especially coming from me! As my former oncologist and now full-time fishing partner used to say after finishing my all of my post-cancers(multiple battles with the Big C) exams, "Heaven doesn't want you yet, and the Devil's afraid you're going to take over..." And, to think... I was paying him for that abuse, when I always can get it free from my fishing cronies!

Perhaps, when my time comes around and my ticket is punched, the efforts expended over the last 15+ years with "my kids" will push the "plus side" of my life ledger just high enough to get me in the door...

Any of your buds need some flies? I'm headed back to the bench when daylight breaks...

Tight lines always, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:38 AM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future

I had the pleasure of delivering one of my boxes to it's new home last night.

I would be a bit surprised if there wasn't a bit of sleeplessness and maybe the lad is already up and at it this morning and hopeful he sees the water today!

Off to break another piggy bank...
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Any of your buds need some flies?...
Well "my buds" in and of itself is a confusing and twisted tale.

In brief those that fished and would have genuinely appreciated all aspects of your flies from the artistry to the deep meaning of those who helped you make them have all passed in the last couple of years (all between 45-53)....The majority remaining (more acquaintances really) who fish, though each have their important place in this world, are not the sort who appreciate people, efforts or things past the use they can get from them. So I'd not insult your work and its deep meaning by even telling them where they can get them.

I can't get the brothers, nieces or nephews to fish leaving only my wife who would doubtfully utilize them, and my friend who went West with me last year....Him I'll have to think on though is doubtful.

What I am considering (though haven't decided upon) however is possibly purchasing a couple boxes and along with their story donating them for a couple charity fund-raising events. In that way (knowing how those things go), it's the the story, "Made in Michigan", and so on that will have the right people bidding on them, the quality of the flies a further bonus, and in the end it's a win all around......Yet I need to think on it first, BUT, will look into it.

So for the time being it's just you and me bud, and I'll be hard pressed to use all I'm already getting in the balance of my lifetime.

B.E.F.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:47 AM

Well, BEF, if "being stuck" means the company of boon companions from my home state-- and believe me, I've got a fair number of Michigan-based "cronies" that are members in good standing of the Brotherhood of the Angled Fly & Fish(BAFF, for short) --then consider yourself duly inducted.

As for the rest of you "fly-wranglers?" A membership in this truly loose and mythical collection of angling men and women who annually decorate their home water's bankside trees with a fair amount of my work is included in each box. No dues necessary nor any formal paperwork, per se. Just the company of like-minded souls, and who so ever might be in residence or hanging out on our little stretch of the river...

At the rate I'm going, I'm going to need more rod slots in the riverside porch rack...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:49 AM
mridenour

I'll be ordering one of these to give away to a friend. One of these days I will keep one for myself...lol! I will shoot you the money and the address to send it to sometime today.
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:31 AM

Mike,

Got you covered on the "gift box." I'll make doubly sure that it's something truly special for all of the man's work...

Many thanks for looking my way in allowing me to build the man a special gift...

Tight lines always, Mike... And, stay outta trouble, will 'ya?

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour likes this.