The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 10:07 AM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all
Default Re: Hairwing530, Might you consider?........

PM sent Jerry.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:17 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

rockriver,

Got it, my friend, and response sent...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-12-2014, 06:27 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

If all goes well with tonight's tying, I might have enough "practice runs" on the streamers to put up a photo or two of a mock-up box that will be something of a basic package for those of you who are interested in the streamer package, one to which I'll be adding more patterns over the next week or so.

Some of those that I'll be including will be the standard fare, others will be some of the "classics" among streamers, and still others will include a bead head or two. I'm trying out all sorts of styles and material mixes in an attempt to get my "streamer" groove back on. When I received today's delivery from one of my "fishing cronies," he provided me with enough "stuff" to get a good start on the first few batches.

Stay tuned, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

PS I'll also continue tying dries and nymphs for the "Fly Box 90+" collections as well...
k7zb and mridenour like this.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:14 AM

As requested, the first "blends" out of the mixer, though they won't be the last concoctions to come from the vise. I have some other "classic patterns" in mind, a few more of the bead-head variety, and some full-on matukas that I want to try.

Your thoughts, my friends?

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Click the image to open in full size.

mridenour and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:22 AM

grtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to all

Looking great! My opinion of your work already sent out in the mail yesterday morning

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:58 AM
mridenour

That is just beautiful!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:31 AM

Guys,

Thanks for the compliments. Much appreciated, as I'm just starting to get my proverbial "streamer groove" back on again after a few years of not tying all that many.

If my ties remain true to form-- and since I've got a few picked out for "trial and error" over the next few days --I'm hoping for more improvement, tighter pattern wraps and some real "beauts," especially after my "stuff" arrives at the house...

Until then, I'll keep splitting my time between dries/nymphs and honing the streamer group. Stay tuned...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour likes this.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:21 AM

popperhopper is on a distinguished road

Looking good!