The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 05:31 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Streamers Box 2014

Doug, B.E.F. and Youse Guys...

I fully plan on shipping a full load of streamer boxes, Fly Box 90's and the like by the first part of this coming week. I literally chained myself to the tying desk yesterday, as too much "idle time" found my mind weighing far too many scenarios for today's "High Noon Showdown" here at the house with "Ms Doc" and "Doc." So, it was best to keep busy...

And, sleep was an "on again, off again" sort of thing last night. In two weeks, I will celebrate my 61st birthday and the passage of 17 years since my original cancer diagnosis, one that carried with it a survival time of 24 to 36 months. I've surpassed those expectations by well over a decade.

So, come what may later today, you'll still find me at the desk this afternoon-- either making plans for a celebration, or considering all of my options. It's not like I haven't been here before...

Tighten a line for me this weekend, guys. And, say a silent prayer or two, if you don't mind...

Jerry, aka hairwing530[COLOR="Silver"]

PS Doug, your friend isn't lost, as he still fishes beside you, whether you know it or not. As long as he is remembered, he'll be right there... JW
mridenour and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:39 AM

grtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to all

I'll say a prayer for Good News!

B.E.F.
mridenour likes this.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:52 AM
mridenour

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtlksmarlin View Post
I'll say a prayer for Good News!

B.E.F.
+1 me too.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:18 AM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

PM sent Jerry. My prayers are with you my friend.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:30 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

IT IS OFFICIAL!!! After verification and confirmation of all tests and x-rays, I now remain in full remission! No new cancer or signs of any developing, and outside of some swelling in the surrounding tissue near an arterial repair done earlier this year-- to be treated via steroids and additional meds --I am GOOD TO GO!!! A weighty load has been lifted...

So, to celebrate, those of you who've already purchased a "Streamers 2014" box will receive 45 streamers rather than 40-- 5 extra free of charge! Consider it a celebratory gift from yours truly for all of your support, prayers and good wishes.

As for anybody considering one of the "Streamers 2014" boxes? The same "gift" of the extra 5 will be included in yours as well. Right now, I'm feeling better than I have in days...

Just wanted to let you all know, and to thank you again for having my back during these past days. Much appreciated...

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-16-2014, 03:07 PM
mridenour

I'm mighty glad to hear the good news. Take care of yourself and keep doing your thing!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:40 PM

grtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to all

Congratulations Jerry

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:49 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

Jerry,
That's the best news I've heard in years.
Emil
Old 05-17-2014, 05:36 AM

I stand here before you all this morning-- OK, sit here --as a man fully aware of the fact that he has blessed by the delivery of the best news imaginable-- NO CANCER --and good friends with whom to share said news. I can't thank everybody enough for the PMs and e-mails of support, and the prayers and good thoughts. Each and every one of them was a blessing onto itself...

Now, before I wander into some sort of "heavy emo" area, I'm headed to the tying desk, with the hopes that I can finish a few more wraps and pack a box or two. Again, my friends, thank you for it all...

May the Man Upstairs forever bless you with the tightest of lines... always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:49 AM

obrien33 is on a distinguished road

That is great news Jerry. Hopefully you can get away from the desk for an hour or two of your own tight lines.

O'Brien
grtlksmarlin likes this.