The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2014, 04:04 PM

03bulldogs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Streamers Box 2014

GREAT !!!!! Go fishing,,, Any Henny's coming off? God bless you and "your kids"
Old 05-17-2014, 04:04 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

obrien33...

I took your advice, broke for the dock not long after first light, and "persuaded" one very near-sighted brook trout and a decent brown in need of its own "seeing eye trout" to take my offerings. After a few minutes of "give and take"-- they gave, and I took --they both were released and made their way back to the tree-limb tangles just up and across the river from me.

In the hours following my short session this morning, some 4 or 5 boxes made their way into the USPS Priority Mail system, with another 6 to 8 being tied up and readied for Monday morning's shipment. Dries, nymphs and streamers galore are mounding up on the top of the desk behind the vise, all in preparation for loading and shipping to their new homes.

Start watching your mailboxes, my friends. I've been tying up a storm since the news yesterday...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-18-2014, 05:36 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

03bulldogs,

On the "hennies," precious few, but enough to make me anticipate the coming week. Our temps are supposed to improve at a slow but steady pace through the upcoming holiday weekend, finally getting near 70 for a few days. With warm days and warming nights, the river should be alive with "bugs," and I plan to get in on the action whenever I can, especially at first light and during the twilight hours...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

PS And, as a side note, I've finally got my Matukas down to a point where I'm happy with them-- and I'm my own worst critic. And, I'm honing in on some smaller variations-- think size #12 --of a few "classics"-- Mickey Finns, Black Nosed Dace, etc. So, look for those to be included in the upcoming boxes, guys...
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:32 PM

Guys,

Seven boxes departed the premises earlier today, with most sporting 2-Day delivery. If you wouldn't mind, please let me know of their arrival.

And Joseph? You have a padded envelope headed your way, one to complement your streamer box and its arrival. Let me know what you think.

And, the first fully-polished and satisfactory-to-my-eye Black-Nose Dace and a few "surprise" streamers are officially ready for inclusion in any new streamer box purchases.

Thank you all for giving good homes to my myriad wrappings. Now, "get 'em wet and fish 'em hard!!!" I can always tie more...

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Liphookedau and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:50 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Thank you all for giving good homes to my myriad wrappings. Now, "get 'em wet and fish 'em hard!!!" I can always tie more...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Hi Jerry.
It was nice to hear your Good News & seeing it's Warming a Little it would be Good Medicine for you to go & Wet A Line & Drown a few of your Flies yourself.
Cheers & Best Wishes.
Brian
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:21 PM

jjaram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Guys,

Seven boxes departed the premises earlier today, with most sporting 2-Day delivery. If you wouldn't mind, please let me know of their arrival.

And Joseph? You have a padded envelope headed your way, one to complement your streamer box and its arrival. Let me know what you think.

And, the first fully-polished and satisfactory-to-my-eye Black-Nose Dace and a few "surprise" streamers are officially ready for inclusion in any new streamer box purchases.

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Jerry, my box arrived today. Fabulous work as always my friend. Can't wait to get these on the water at the end of the week. Thanks again, Joseph
Old 05-20-2014, 04:44 AM

Joseph,

Thanks for the compliments about my handiwork. You have another envelope headed your way, as I wanted to make sure that you were included in the "bonus streamers" that commemorate the grand news of last Friday...

Let me know how you make out with the creations, and when the envelope arrives.

Tight lines to you always, Joseph...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-20-2014, 10:24 AM

jonnybads is on a distinguished road

bah i cant wait till the first to get a box of dry's and nymph's and a box of streamers.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:16 AM

Hey jonnybads,

I plan on tying up flies of all kinds for the boxes for awhile yet, as my "fishin' buds" here on the forum seem pleased with their selections. And, at $95 for the Fly Box 90 and The Streamers 2014-- a total of 135+ flies --it's as good a deal as I can muster...

Look forward to hearing from you, as I have some waders, wading boots and a wading staff to replace before I can hit the river again...

Tight lines always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-20-2014, 11:51 AM

jonnybads is on a distinguished road

yea for sure, i hear nothing but good things about the fly's you tie and i'm one of those, you can never have too many flies type of person. I will pm once i can paypal you the money for the boxes.