The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 05:25 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default The Streamers Box 2014

Just in case you missed this group, here's a preview of the first batch out of the vise. More patterns are coming, as I'm working on a few more "classics," some matukas, and some additional bead-head configurations. These were posted as well at the end of the "Hairwing530... Might you consider..." thread.

Some 40+ streamers, boxed and at your door for the $50 discussed in the previous thread. Give 'em a look and let me know what you think. And, as usual, there will be a little something "extra" in your box...

And, yes... I will still be tying up the "Fly Box 90's" for the guys who need some dries and nymphs...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by hairwing530; 05-29-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:52 PM

jjaram is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Streamers Box 2014

Jerry, Paypal sent for a box...thanks my friend. Joseph
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:49 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Joseph,

Payment has arrived, and you'll be getting one of the first completed boxes, along with Doug and B.E.F. After it arrives, let me know what you think...

Many thanks, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:54 PM

popperhopper is on a distinguished road

Looks like you got your Streamer Mojo back Jerry. Getting excited about these! I haven't had a chance to sling any of those beautiful drys yet. I came up lame with a back strain.....but I hope to get out there soon.
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:33 AM

Doug,

Those dries in your possession have a "shelf life," so to speak. Take good care of that back problem first and foremost. The trout will wait for your return.

Besides, you'll have to be on your best "slingin" game when your streamer boxes arrive...

Rest up and heal well, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:06 AM

Doug, Joseph and B.E.F.,

I'm hoping for two things over the next few days-- to receive solid news from my chief oncologist on Friday, and to finish the first few streamer boxes for shipment early next week. After yesterday's "endurance trials" at the hospital, I'm moving a bit slower than usual this morning. But, at the very least, I'm up and around, and ready to hit the tying bench again...

I'll advise you all on both of the above by Friday evening...

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
popperhopper and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:35 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Jerry,
I'm sure everyone understands you need to slow down from time to time. I'm sure much more than you do. No rush on getting mine together. If all goes ok I will send you my payment this weekend but I'm mostly just interested in getting them by the 4th of July. If that isn't doable, then Labor Day is good. Stay healthy first of all.

Mike
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:24 AM

Jerry,

No worries on the speed of completion on the boxes. With my lame back I have had the chance to get some tying time in myself. No need to feel rushed. The weather still hasn't been nice enough to really even get out there and wade yet this year. I am really getting tired of all the rain. And yesterdays tornado only missed me by 40 minutes. Hasn't been a very good start to the season.
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:35 AM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough

Well unlike the guys above, I am in a rush.....Without exception I MUST have all of the fly sets I ordered delivered by May 31, 2016. Otherwise, I'll have to just wait till 2017.....So no exceptions, kind of.

B.E.F.
popperhopper likes this.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:15 AM

Heck, I am just getting back into tying. And fly fishing in general. ( Family issues and also suffered the loss of my very good friend who loved to sling flys with me. Kinda took the wind out of the sails last year for me.) I have found it is not like riding a bike. To do a streamer box of 40 quality flies like Jerry's would more than likely take me until May 31 of 2016....so I can easily wait.

I still love to try to tie. And it's a good thing the fish don't mind my ugly streamers. So I figure if they will hit my stuff, well with Jerry's new Streamer Box....I can't go wrong!
grtlksmarlin likes this.