The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hairwing530

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 07:37 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default The "Community Jar" Baker's Dozen- 13 Special Fly Boxes

13 limited fly boxes... After a few evenings of "after tying hours" sorting through 15+ years worth of "Community Jars"-- flies from every tying session with "my kids," including their "graduation" donations --and in light of Emily's situation, I've decided that it's high time to put some of the efforts of "my kids" to good use.

For those of you unfamiliar with the history of the "Community Jars," they're a long-standing tradition at the tying tables of my youth and my later years, in which an old-style glass cookie jar was placed center stage, to which flies were added after each round of tying, for use somewhere down the road. I've come to that point...

I plan on building 13 "Community Jar Flies" 100-fly collections and putting them into aluminum, windowed fly boxes. They will be marked as the "CJF" with the years of 1999-2014. Approximately 60 or so flies will be the work of "my kids"-- past and present --with the rest supplied by yours truly. I'll be asking $75 shipped for the boxes, with delivery to take place over the coming weeks.

As there only will be the "Baker's Dozen-- aka 13 boxes," I have to operate on a "first come..." basis, which I believe to be the only fair way to do things. The monies from the sales will be shared by the future tying classes for "my kids" and for "special" things, as in keeping the pantry stocked during Emily's last stay at "Trail's End."

The classes have always been and will always be free of charge, and that will NEVER change. Nor will my dedication to "my kids." But, I'm just one angling tier who's not above recognizing his own limitations to some degree. In essence, I can't do it all, and still do it well...

I'll post a photo or two, once the first of the boxes are ready. If you have an interest, please drop me a PM. Or, shoot me an e-mail at:
jwarrington1@copper.net Paypal is the preferred option, as I'd rather be tying or fishing than driving 30+ miles to the bank...

Tight lines to you all, my friends... now and always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

The first two boxes have been spoken for... Only 11 remain, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney and mridenour like this.

Last edited by hairwing530; 06-26-2014 at 06:29 PM. Reason: better titling