The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 08:24 PM

pfm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: In Memory of Emily...

Jerry,
Thanks for what you are doing and giving me the opportunity to help.
PM sent.
Paul
Old 07-09-2014, 12:09 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

I finished the first of the "Memorial Boxes" earlier this morning, and I plan on having more completed by the weekend. My hours have been long at the vise, but the work has been well worth it. The boxes sales are beginning to help make a dent in a financial obligation that I'm unwilling to see Emily's folks endure after all they've been through. And, it's because of all of you that the efforts even have a chance of succeeding.

May each and every single one of you be forever blessed with tight lines and friends with whom to share the moments...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jerry: I'm sure Ms Emily's family is most appreciative for all you do! You are a true hero in all of our eyes.

Larry

Old 07-09-2014, 07:08 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: In Memory of Emily...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Jerry: I'm sure Ms Emily's family is most appreciative for all you do! You are a true hero in all of our eyes.

Larry
+ 1.

Fred
Old 07-09-2014, 07:34 PM

jwthought81 will become famous soon enoughjwthought81 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post

Larry
jwthought81 likes this
Old 07-10-2014, 05:53 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Guys,

Thank you for thinking of me as a "hero," as it is a high honor in my book. But, I'm not at all sure that what I do falls under the definition of "heroic" or serves as an example of "heroism," though the mere suggestion of such does inspire me to do more.

The reality of my life is that I lead with my heart, as I intend to leave behind a legacy of as many "good works" as possible when the final bell sounds for me. I left behind the "immortality of youth" phase when my first brain tumor and its devastation brought to mind the fact that life is, indeed, a finite thing. It has a beginning, a middle and an end, and I don't intend to go out quietly. That's just not my style...

So, until then, my intentions are to continue to travel my current path, in hopes that I can still make a difference each day in someone else's life, much the same as so many have made in mine...
Old 07-12-2014, 08:51 AM

eurovw89 will become famous soon enough

There is a great idea, just showed my wife and she got teary eyed.

Last edited by eurovw89; 07-12-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:29 AM

As with the Streamers 2014 and any of the fly collections I'm tying up, I'm offering to "pad" the fly count by 5 to 10 additional flies on any purchases, in order to get the job done on the costs of the late Emily's funeral. Her parents can't afford to do it, and I'm looking to my friends-- near and far --to give me a hand with this undertaking.

Tight lines, my friends, and hug your kids like there's no tomorrow...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:29 AM

I'll be finishing up a few more "Memorial Boxes" in the next few days, with shipment before the tag end of the week. Many thanks, my friends...

Tight lines... always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-25-2014, 07:56 AM

jfey is on a distinguished road

Jerry, thanks for sending me another outstanding box of flies.

I mostly tie my own, but have purchased several of Jerry's offerings as gifts and to supplement my own supply. What he has sent me have been some of the cleanest fly ties I have seen. In you are on the fence, buy a box without concern. They are better than what you will find at most fly shops.

Thanks again!