The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2014, 11:02 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: In Memory of Emily...

Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words about my flies. Much appreciated.

And, it's because of members like yourself and far too many others to list here that I am able to do what I do each year-- teach the classes for "my kids." Or, as it has been with the latest sales, relieve a grieving family of a worry that I wouldn't wish on any parent-- the funeral costs for a child. It's a hardship that me and mine know all too well...

Tight lines to you always, Jeff. You're welcome on my stretch of the river anytime...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-25-2014, 08:10 PM

mtaag3 is on a distinguished road

Got mine today and looking to soak a few tomorrow. VERY excited. The flies are top notch and dealing with Jerry has been a real pleasure. Thank you very much Jerry.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:43 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

You're quite welcome, Mike. I'll be looking for a "fishing report" to hit my "In Box" sometime soon.

And, the pleasure has been all mine. Don't be a stranger, as my aforementioned "In Box" is always open for some "fish talk" and the like...

Tight lines, my friend... always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-27-2014, 11:49 AM

pfm is on a distinguished road

Jerry,
Been out of town, just got back today and found your package waiting. Beautiful work and loved the extras. Made getting home that much sweeter.
Thanks for all the good work you're doing,
Paul
Old 07-27-2014, 01:44 PM

Paul,

Thank you for the kind words about my ties. And, my sincere gratitude for you having had my back, so to speak, over these last months with the late Emily. Thanks to you and the guys here on the forum, I will be making the final payment on her funeral expenses tomorrow. A greater gift to her grieving folks, you could not have given...

May you and "my crew" here on the forum forever be blessed with tight lines... always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-29-2014, 05:33 AM

To You All...

Together, we have done what some once considered an "impossibility..."-- paid off the total funeral costs for the late Emily! I presented a check for the final installment yesterday, and the debt has been retired. All good, my friends...

Originally, I had intended to give any additional sales funds from the "Memorial Boxes" to Emily's family, to help them over the hurdles they will face in coming months. Instead, Emily's Dad and Grandfather have requested that any future monies from the sales be channeled back into "my kids," and their needs. Both men feel strongly about the annual classes, and what the classes gave to their daughter/granddaughter during her illness, and they want other afflicted kids to know the same joy.

And, I'm not about to deny them that one small final request...

Thank you all once again for coming through in a BIG way! You have my gratitude and deep respect for the simple fact that you care...

Tight lines always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney and repperson29 like this.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:20 PM

scoutm is on a distinguished road

Jerry - My memorial fly box arrived today it's fantastic.

Thank you very much for all you have done for Emily and her family and thank you for allowing me to be a small part of it.

Larry
Old 08-02-2014, 03:21 PM

Larry,

Please allow me to thank you for caring enough to get involved. In my book, everybody who donated or purchased any of the fly boxes that I've tied in recent months came up HUGE in the grand design of this effort. It takes a wealth of steel and concrete to erect something strong and good, and I like to think that we've just finished building a grand tribute to a young girl whose life ended far too soon-- the youngster known as Emily.

And, as long as the box of her hand-tied flies holds out, some will be included in every fly box that leaves my doorstep, thereby keeping alive her memory, and the memories of my two late daughters, Lauren and Laramie. As well, they will live on with the commencement of every tying class for "my kids," until my own time is done.

So, again, my friend... thank you...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 08-17-2014, 12:52 PM

eurovw89 will become famous soon enough

Jerry,
Received your flies yesterday, and will fish them with Emily on my mind
Old 08-17-2014, 03:02 PM

eurovw89,

Your box holds flies near and dear to my heart, ones that go well beyond my own ties. Encased within the foam and plastic rest flies from the late Emily, as well as my two late daughters, Lauren and Laramie. All three girls spent a wealth of time at their tying vises, sharing many of the hours with yours truly in creating their flies, and an equal amount of time "testing them out" streamside.

And, boxes of flies from each of "my girls" have permanent places within the pockets of my favorite fishing vest. Hence, the "pushing 18+ pounds" status of said fishing vest! Still, I wouldn't have it any other way...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
rockriver likes this.