The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2014, 05:19 PM

pfm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: For The "Salt" & Bass Down Deep...

Jerry,
They were with the mail today. What wonderful work you do. The variety of patterns, sizes, colors is outstanding as is the craftsmanship and the numbers, you can't possibly be making more than enough for materials. Anybody who fishes in the salt needs to get in on this deal.
My friend, once again you have done me good,
Paul
Old 08-29-2014, 06:26 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Hey Paul,

Thanks for letting me know that your collection arrived safely. You're right about the amount of "profit," of course, in that I just break even, with enough left over from each sale to throw a little into the "my kids" fund. "My kids" are what matters most to me, as it's certainly not my "profit margin..."

In the weeks/months to come, I may do as many have suggested and raise my prices... but only a little, as in 10 to 15 percent. Almost all of the guys-- like you --have been extremely generous in kicking in a little extra $$$ to help me cover shipping and the like, and that's certainly helped a great deal.

I tie as much as I do because I've done so for most of my life. My fly tying brought me back from the brink after my first brain tumor, gifting me with the return of my hand-to-eye coordination. The tying was lost to me again in 2004 when brain tumor #2 rendered me completely blind. Since the "miracle surgery" of late 2009 that restored my sight, I've tied almost every day, as it allowed me to build memories with my late youngest daughter before her passing, and the youngster known as Emily.

Mostly, I tie to keep my hand in it, raise a little money along the way, and as a means of honoring "The Ladies Three"-- my late daughters Lauren and Laramie, and the young girl known as Emily. The last two named made me promise to keep the classes going for "my kids," and I don't break my promises...

Enjoy the flies, Paul, and thank you again for the compliments...

Tight lines... always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 09-01-2014, 04:34 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

The last of the "salty bugs" leaves with tomorrow's mail. Let me know when it arrives, pj...

And, tighten a line for the hobbling one, if you would...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 09-18-2014, 10:13 AM

pjcalla has a spectacular aura aboutpjcalla has a spectacular aura about

Jerry:

Just wanted to drop you a line to say they came a couple weeks back. They look great, and cannot wait to get them wet. I was hoping to include a pic of the fish I caught with your flies, but I have not made it to the water yet. Hopefully I will get out Saturday and catch a few for you.

Thanks again.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:26 AM

Hey pjcalla,

I'm looking forward to your photos from the salt. Right now, it's almost cool enough to fire up the woodstove. So, some warm-weather "salt" pics would be good for the soul...

Tighten a line in my name, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 09-21-2014, 09:45 AM

If anyone still is in need of some "salty" flies on stainless hooks, I just tied up two orders that will be departing in the next day or so, and found myself staring at a pile of 80 additional Clousers, Deceivers and the like. If someone wants the whole group of 80, I'll deliver them to your door for $85.

Or, if you only need 40 of them, I'll divide the group into two sets with a price tag of $45 per set, delivered!

Let me know if you have a need, and I'll send them your way...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 09-22-2014, 03:00 PM

As I'd like to recoup the cost on the stainless hooks and the like, if someone wants to complete set of 80+, they're yours for $70, boxed and delivered to your door! Paypal works best, and my Paypal info is: jwarrington1 (at) copper (dot) net

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited by hairwing530; 09-22-2014 at 05:57 PM.