The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree192Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2014, 03:25 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: "The Miracle 100+"

Hey scoutm,

When brain cancer came to call on my 44th birthday, I had no idea of the path that would be my "journey" in the years to come. At that time, the prognosis was 24 to 36 months, tops! Fortunately for me, the oncologists totally missed that mark. "Doc" likes to say that I was just too stubborn to give in. Maybe so...

After the rehab and recovery from the first brain tumor, me and mine embarked on the tying classes for "my kids," an idea spawned during the aforementioned rehab. And, I've never looked back or regretted a day committed to "my kids." In truth, they've all given me more than a man deserves in one lifetime, and enriched my life in more ways than I can count...

In return, always, I've made every effort to be there whenever any of them needed me-- no matter the time of day, and no matter the amount of energy needed. Be it a visit to the hospital for an impromptu tying session or handing over the keys to "Trail's End" for service as a hospice of sorts, as in the case of the late Emily, they're "my kids," and I always do what I can for them, whenever I can.

Such an approach on my part will continue to be the status quo until I'm called "home"-- wherever that may be. And, I won't let one jack-hole derail the promises made in years past...

So sayeth the hairwing530, aka Jerry
lacanadio and mridenour like this.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Jerry,
Mrs Fysh would like 2 of "The Miracle 100+" boxes for the Utah CFR fundraising event called 'Fishtales & Ales' that is held in November.
mridenour, siege and Flygrain like this.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 08-05-2014, 05:50 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

John,

I will start on the boxes for Mrs Fysh later this morning. Please let her know as well that I have a special multi-piece group of "surprises" that I'm finishing for the upcoming retreat. My contributions to the ladies having a good time...

Tight lines always, my friend, and give my best to Mrs Fysh...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
fyshstykr and mridenour like this.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:12 AM

mtaag3 is on a distinguished road

Jerry,
Please don't let the lowlife cowards dissuade you from the absolutely wonderful work you do. Your flies are awesome and the fact that you offer what you do goes beyond generous. Don't let the a**holes get to you. Keep doing what you do and we'll keep supporting your efforts.

Thanks for all that you do.

Mike
Old 08-05-2014, 06:47 PM

Mike,

Thanks to you as well for the encouraging words. My grandparents raised me with the belief that generosity was among the few truly heartfelt gifts that can be given from one person to another, and I've lived my life by that premise. I neither request nor expect any additional "compensation," so to speak, for anything "extra" that I might include in any of my "fly packages." Whatever "goodies" I choose to include in a mailed box are merely tokens of my appreciation, a small way of saying "Thank You" to my friends-- near and far --who go astream with my flies resting in their vest pocket...

And, no foul-mouthed jerk is going to alter that behavior. Besides, I'm too old to change now...

Tight lines to you always, Mike, and thank you again...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Flygrain likes this.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:46 AM

tylersc is on a distinguished road

Jerry, I ordered a box just now. Looking forward to my first flies!
Old 08-06-2014, 07:04 AM

Got you covered, my friend. One more round at the coffee pot and then it's back to the vise...

Tight lines always, and many thanks...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 08-06-2014, 07:35 AM
mridenour

Jerry,
Got your care package. Thanks so much. I'm anxious to give these a shot. Heading to chase some brownies in a couple weeks!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:33 AM

You're quite welcome, Mr. Ridenour. I like to keep my "on-stream" research team supplied and at the ready. Besides, I've been doing a bit of "binge tying" lately, and my tying desk will only hold so much...

Yeah... right!!!

Tight lines always, Mike Ridenour, and good friends with whom to share the moments...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour likes this.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:25 PM

lsuhunter is on a distinguished road

Can't wait to get my flies! Thanks Jerry!