The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 03:46 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default "The Miracle 100+"

With the turning of the calendar page to the month of August, I traditionally ramp up my efforts to ensure that the tying classes for "my kids" remain as they've always been-- blessed with ample materials and free of charge! That was the original intent when the idea became a reality over 15 years ago, and I have no desire to amend my approach at this stage of my life.

That said, I'm officially kicking off the launch of "The Miracle 100+" fly boxes. By design, the box will come packed with about 112 of my flies-- my usual percentage mix of 60/40, dries to nymphs, or whatever you need --with a side order of 6 to 8 "bonus" streamers, bringing the total counts to something closer to 120 flies. In essence, each box will be one for all seasons, so to speak, and styles of fly fishing.

In the past, I've managed to hold the line on my prices, even while increasing the counts from 80 to 90+ flies. On this collection, I'm asking $60 shipped to your door, an increase in overall price, but not in the "per fly" price. And, the collections all will include the same two-sided waterproof boxes that have done well in the past.

Give the boxes a look and let me know your thoughts. Tying up each box will be a fair amount of work, but "my kids" all are well worth the efforts...

Paypal is easiest on me-- the closest bank is a 30-mile haul --and the info is: jwarrington1@copper.net

Thanks for taking a look, my friends, and may you long be blessed with tight lines always, and good friends with whom to share the moments astream...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by hairwing530; 08-04-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:28 PM

mtaag3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "The Miracle 100+"

Jerry's flies are top notch and what better cause. I can't wait for mine!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:40 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the compliment, Mike. Greatly appreciated! Don't be surprised if your next "care package" carries a little reading material as well...

Tight lines always, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 08-03-2014, 07:52 PM

coastrider will become famous soon enough

Beauty flies Jerry, looks like I will be in on this one next pay day.....great cause! Great looking flies!

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2014, 05:01 AM

Thanks as well, coastrider. I appreciate the compliments.

A few have asked the question, and rightly so... "Why the upgrade/increase?" Simply, it will allow me to do a few things-- use up some of the "orphan" flies that have filled a small jar (orphans as their new owners-to-be suddenly fell off the face of the Earth when it came time to settle up), raise a few more $$$ for "my kids," and present some fly boxes with a real "WOW" factor to them...

And one "vent," if everyone here doesn't mind? This part of my post goes out to the gutless wonder with the trash mouth who hid his identity behind his wife/girlfriend's e-mail account address... I don't mind the fact that you're PO'd about the increased price on the "Miracle 100+" fly box. I don't expect everybody to agree with me all of the time, despite how fair I may perceive the deal to be. But, the next time, at least do me the courtesy of leaving in park your obvious grasp of the vulgarity, in describing me or my attempts to do something good with my life.

And, most of all... DON'T EVER take another name-calling shot at my family, the girls we've lost, or "my kids" in general. NEVER! Coming at me or disagreeing with me is one thing. Verbally attacking those closest to me is well beyond OFF LIMITS!!! I didn't sign up for that kind of ****...

To the rest of you... tight lines now and always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 08-04-2014, 06:28 AM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

If someone has a problem with you raising the cost of your flies to 50 cents a fly, they have more problems than any of us can imagine my friend. You could easily charge 100$ and not many would blink I believe.

Some people are just angry at the world.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:22 AM

Hey Ryan,

You know how I go about my "business," if you will. I always try to include a little something "extra" in every fly box or package that leaves the confines of this house. Why? Because it's who I am, and it's how I would want to be treated. The good folks on this forum-- and a few elsewhere --entrust me with their hard-earned money, and ensuring that their fly-fishing journeys are all good, all of the time. The very least that I can do is give everyone a surprise or two along the way...

And, I know... In the past, I've been gently chastised by some for not setting a higher price on the flies, especially after they've received their boxes. But, my tying is a labor of love, one that literally saved my life early on in my cancer battles, and one that was lost when I became blind from 2004-late 2009. When my eyesight was restored, the passion for wrapping hooks came back with a vengeance, and I haven't slowed down since then.

Besides, I've met some of the finest fellow anglers on the face of the Earth via this forum, and I wouldn't trade that for anything, including "doubling down" on my fly prices. And, I don't intend to let the occasional dip-wad change my outlook on everything "fly." He's so lost in his anger that the best GPS in the world couldn't guide him back to the path...

Thanks for the "pep talk," Ryan...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 08-04-2014, 08:03 AM
mridenour

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Thanks as well, coastrider. I appreciate the compliments.

A few have asked the question, and rightly so... "Why the upgrade/increase?" Simply, it will allow me to do a few things-- use up some of the "orphan" flies that have filled a small jar (orphans as their new owners-to-be suddenly fell off the face of the Earth when it came time to settle up), raise a few more $$$ for "my kids," and present some fly boxes with a real "WOW" factor to them...

And one "vent," if everyone here doesn't mind? This part of my post goes out to the gutless wonder with the trash mouth who hid his identity behind his wife/girlfriend's e-mail account address... I don't mind the fact that you're PO'd about the increased price on the "Miracle 100+" fly box. I don't expect everybody to agree with me all of the time, despite how fair I may perceive the deal to be. But, the next time, at least do me the courtesy of leaving in park your obvious grasp of the vulgarity, in describing me or my attempts to do something good with my life.

And, most of all... DON'T EVER take another name-calling shot at my family, the girls we've lost, or "my kids" in general. NEVER! Coming at me or disagreeing with me is one thing. Verbally attacking those closest to me is well beyond OFF LIMITS!!! I didn't sign up for that kind of ****...

To the rest of you... tight lines now and always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
I personally think you SHOULD raise your prices.

Don't let one Massengill product ruin your day. This isn't really about getting the best price on flies on the internet. This isn't about using your hard work and generosity for personal gain. This is about helping those in need.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:21 AM

jjaram is on a distinguished road

Jerry's flies are the best. Wonderful flies from an even better person. Any person taking a shot at him must be a very miserable lowlife human being.

Cheers to you Jerry!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:57 AM

scoutm is on a distinguished road

Wow!! I'm so having a hard time wrapping my head around this one!?!

You provide fantastic flies, beautifully displayed in a very nice fly box, without charging for shipping all to help fund tying supplies for your "My Kids" effort to brighten the lives of some pretty sick kids and some Jack Weed not only has the nerve to question what you are charging but verbally assaults you in the process? Unbelievable!!

All I can say is I pray that Mr. Jack Weed has an awakening of sorts that enlightens him to what is truly important in life on this world.

Jerry, Thank you for all you do for "My Kids" and know it's appreciated beyond measure.