The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Flies and Fly Boxes Classifieds

Like Tree183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2017, 08:08 PM

hairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond repute
Default "The 2017 Miracle XL+"

Finally, it is ready for the 2017... the "Miracle XL+" fly box. It's now another box to complement the "Miracle 100+" box in the array of fly collections that I tie up, much like the "Streamers 2017" box, and differs only in the fact that the "Miracle XL+" box will boast fly counts of 130+ "bugs" overall-- dries, nymphs, emergers, cripples, et al. I'm hoping that the "Miracle XL+" box will provide sufficient offerings to span the better part of the season for most fly-wranglers.

Whereas the "Miracle XL+" box brings with it many of the same attributes of the "Miracle 100+" fly boxes-- a two-sided waterproof fly box and USPS Priority Mail shipping --the price will be $100. The price increase is a necessary one to offset the upcoming raise in postal charges for all shipping. So, to make the new price easier to handle, I've upped the fly counts a bit.

As always, Paypal works best for me, as the nearest bank branch is a 30-mile haul. If you want/need it, my Paypal information remains:
jwarrington1@copper.net

Give the photos of the new "Miracle XL+" a look, and let me know your thoughts. And, please remember... customization of the fly selection is never a problem.

I thank you all for our dealings in the past, and look forward to tying up more boxes in the months to come. And, most of all, I'm grateful for the support that you've all shown "my kids" and me over the years...

Safe wades, my friends... safe wades...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by hairwing530; 02-14-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:44 PM

comeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: "The Miracle XL+ 2017"

looks like a heck of a deal to me. Honestly I dont know

1) How you find the time to tie so many so consistently

2) Sell them for this price

I tie my fair amount but no where near what you crank out , for a great cause by the way.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 01-05-2017, 10:14 PM

cletus is a splendid one to beholdcletus is a splendid one to beholdcletus is a splendid one to beholdcletus is a splendid one to beholdcletus is a splendid one to beholdcletus is a splendid one to behold

I have purchased one of the "old" Miracle boxes from Jerry and have another one on the way. For those of you who aren't acquainted with Jerry's work, his flies are superb and he's even a better guy
Old 01-05-2017, 10:16 PM

scotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant future

It's still a deal of a lifetime no matter how one looks at it. All those flies, a box included, I won't complain. And to help the kids do something they really enjoy, well, you got me at the word "kids".

Great idea Jerry!
Old 01-06-2017, 06:42 AM

hairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Morning, guys. Some thoughts on this frigid Friday morning...

comeonavs... I tie as much as I do for two reasons-- my love of a good fly, and for "my kids." I've been on both sides of the table, so to speak-- cancer survivor, and the father of a child lost to cancer nearly 7 years ago. As I recovered from my first brain tumor, I decided then and there to do whatever I could to help kids battling/surviving cancer, just as I was. After all, during my recovery/physical rehab, many of the kids from the Children's Cancer Wing became daily visitors to my room, just to watch me tie as a means of helping me to recover my hand-to-eye coordination. It was a "game-changer" for me and mine, and "my kids" took on an even greater importance to yours truly when my youngest daughter left us in 2010, after losing her battle with leukemia. She was only 15 at the time, but she always kept a fly vise close until her passing.

So, it is for her and all of "my kids" that I'm willing to spend my days at the vise, and to salt those hours with as many well-tied flies as possible. Because, in the end, without the support of my "fishing cronies" near and far-- aka many of the guys here on the forum --I wouldn't be in my 18th year of doing the free annual tying classes with "my kids." And, that, my friends, is priceless, indeed...

And, cletus? If I can get your "cheat sheet" done this morning, my plan is to ship your box later today, tomorrow at the latest. Many thanks, Eric...

scotty mac? May you always be blessed with the best of it all, my friend...

As for me? I've got "chicken" to be wrapped, and bugs to be made. May you all know safe wades whenever you're astream...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney, jaybo41, cochise and 4 others like this.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:44 AM

Guys,

Just a quick note... I've updated/upgraded the photos of the new "Miracle XL+" fly box. Thought you'd want to know.

With the woodstove calling and class with "my kids" soon to start later today, I've got a few more flies to finish up this AM. Have a great Saturday, my friends, and if you're lucky enough to be on the water, tighten a line for yours truly...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney, jaybo41 and GrtLksMarlin like this.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:37 PM

The first of the "Miracle XL+" boxes are away, with a few more to follow over the next couple of days. Let me know when the boxes hit your doorsteps, guys, and your thoughts on the selection.

Many thanks to you all...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney, jaybo41 and GrtLksMarlin like this.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:50 AM

cletus is a splendid one to beholdcletus is a splendid one to beholdcletus is a splendid one to beholdcletus is a splendid one to beholdcletus is a splendid one to beholdcletus is a splendid one to behold

Jerry,

I just received my Adams Family box and extras in the mail yesterday. Wow! As usual, you've outdone yourself. Their almost too nice to fish....but I will. Thank you my friend!

Eric
Old 01-12-2017, 01:57 PM

Eric,

You're quite welcome! I had a good time tying up another "Adams Family" box, one similar to scotty mac's collection. And, with an unexpected storm still dumping snow outside, you'll no doubt find me splitting time between my woodstove chores and the vise-- less on the former, and more on the latter. I love the oak and tinder warmth of a good fire, but not nearly as much as I enjoy watching a growing pile of finished "bugs..."

Get 'em wet and fish 'em hard, my friend. You know where more can be found whenever you need a refill. Thanks again, Eric, for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:15 AM

Four packages head out with today's mail, with another four slated for departure on Tuesday morning. May the flies/boxes all bring with them that for which they were named-- miracles of the extra-large variety, during every hour spent on the water...

Have a good Saturday, guys, and thanks again...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.